Sarmma Mohan Kumar
1. Greenhouse effect is a process which the temperature on the earth becomes warmer. Greenhouse gasses reduce the rate of earth’s radiation to outer space. Some of the gasses are Carbon Dioxide, Methane, Nitrous oxide and Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC). The increasing amount of gasses in earth’s atmosphere which absorbs more sunlight and results in warmer temperature.
2. The three examples of greenhouse gasses are Carbon Dioxide, Methane and Nitrous Oxide.
3. Global Warming refers to increase in average temperatures. Greenhouse gasses have an effect on global warming. Gas such as Carbon dioxide leads to climate change over the years. Greenhouse effect can be split into two different categories. First would be the natural Greenhouse effect. This man made greenhouse works by trapping gasses which produces heat by holding it in a huge glass house.
The second type of ...view middle of the document...
They are found in small amounts in the atmosphere. They are dangerous greenhouse gases because small amounts can trap large amounts of heat. Because there are more and more greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, more heat is trapped which makes the Earth warmer. This is known as Global Warming.
4. The answer is no we cannot live without greenhouse effect. For example, let’s imagine an extremely cold Earth and atmosphere, without any water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane or any other greenhouse=gases and with no surface water to evaporate and create atmospheric water vapor. We need greenhouse effect. It is a source which leads to a warm earth temperature but it needs to be regulated do that it does not become warmer.
5. The first and most common are burning of fossil fuels. When we extract and burn fossil fuels such as coal or petroleum, we cause the release of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other heat-trapping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. It is followed by Deforestation. Clearing forests also releases large amounts of CO2. On top of that, plants and trees use CO2 to grow. Worldwide deforestation means we don't have as many trees to absorb the extra CO2. As a result CO2 stays in the atmosphere, trapping more heat. People have started and realized that they need to save the ecosystem. The most common is recycling. Many of us recycle and reusing daily products. Buying products with minimal packaging would help reduce waste. Recycling paper, plastic, glass and aluminum cans can reduce waste too. Many places such as schools, community and workplace have implemented in reducing waste to save the ecosystem.
6. Daily transport or better known as commuting has an effect in global warming. Driving hybrid or electric cars and carpooling with friends would significantly reduce energy and global warming. Making few small changes at home too would reduce the effects of global warming. This can be achieved by changing the light bulbs to energy efficient ones and but products which are branded as ‘energy star’.