Cab Panel Press Shop(CPPS)
There are 12 presses of various tonnage and specification at CPPS. They are
* 1200 tons Hydraulic Press- 2 nos
* 800 ton Mech- 7 Nos
* 1500 ton Link Drive Mech – 2 nos
* 1030 Double Acting Mech – 1 nos
These presses use eccentric camshaft mechanism. The stroke length of each press is 700 min shutter and 1200 max shutter. In one shift there are 1000 strokes.
The various press operations are:
* Re- Drawing
The raw materials are sourced mainly from:
* Bhusan Steel,Ghaziabad- major supplier
* Essar steel
* POS-Hyundai steel.
These steel is cold rolled and comes in different ...view middle of the document...
The rest 1% is supplied by essar steel.
| ALWAR | BHANDARA | ENNORE | HOSUR1 | HOSUR2 | UTK |
Daily Req | 75 | 20 | 150 | 40 | 70 | 40 |
# of models | 5 | 1 | 11 | 6 | 14 | 6 |
LT in days | 15 | 15 | 3 | 1 | 1 | 15 |
The various machines present in the axle assembly :-
1. Pressing machine-
Function- to press the bush in the axle.
2. Washing machines-
Chemicals used- ethanolamine+additives+steam ,
Objects washed-Hub, axle arm
* Inner and outer race pressing
* Bolt pressing
* Pole-wheel pressing after induction hardening(ABS vehicles only)
The various products of this shop are –
* Front axles
* Rear axles(different for different vehicles like Stallion,3518 etc)
AXLE-ASSEMBLY KEY PROCESSES
* Brake shoe fitment (Brake shoe sub-assembly)
* Dust cover fitment
* Inner ring attachment
* Bearing fitment(shims fitment and correction of end play)
* Distance piece fitment
* Hub sub-assembly
* Outer ring fitment
Important fundamentals involved in axle assembly:-
* DRY SETTING- the setting done without grease.
* WET SETTING- the setting in presence of grease is called wet-setting.
* Mud flingers- These are fitted to hubs,gaskets,bolts, spring washers.
* Fitment of grease plugs at the end of the assembly is also a crucial process involved in the axle assembly.