CHAPTER 1. INTRODUCTION
Nature and Importance of the Study
Social media are computer-mediated tools that allow people to create, share or exchange information, ideas, and pictures/videos in virtual communities and networks. Social media is defined as "a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content." Furthermore, social media depend on mobile and web-based technologies to create highly interactive platforms through which individuals and communities share, co-create, discuss, and modify user-generated content. They introduce substantial and pervasive changes to ...view middle of the document...
Originally designed for college students, Facebook was created in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg while he was enrolled at Harvard University. By 2006, anyone over the age of 13 with a valid email address could join Facebook. Today, Facebook is the world's largest social network, with morethan 1 billion users worldwide.
Importance of the Study
The importance of this study is to give knowledge to people about the advantages and disadvantages in using this social networking website which is Facebook. To give precautionary measures on how to be safe in using Facebook and to protect the people about the bad effects of using Facebook.
Objectives of the Study
• To determine the advantages and disadvantages of using Facebook
• To let people recognize how Facebook affect one’s life.
• To prepare people on the effect of using Facebook
• To identify the opinion of others about our study.
CHAPTER 2. REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
According to tnvrstar.hubpages.com, Facebook is the most popular social networking site of all time. The popularity of Facebook has increased drastically. Within 6 years Facebook has reached more than 1 billion users and still growing rapidly. Nowadays Facebook has become very important part of our life. It is helping us in many ways and also harming us in some other ways. The use of Facebook could be very useful if any kind of addiction is avoided. This article contains full details about the pros and cons of Facebook in our daily life.
Advantages of Using Facebook
• Facebook is free and it's one of the best medium for communication. You can send message, start a video call, and upload photos and videos for free.
• Facebook lets us connect to different people from anywhere in the world, because almost every people these days are familiar with Facebook .This gives us the opportunity to know more about their culture, values, custom and tradition. There is something called "pen pal" where motivated people used to make relationships with other foreign people, by writing regularly to each other via post mail. Time has changed and now people can contact with their "Facebook Pal" instantly, and more frequently. These relationships sometime get serious and might end up in Marriage also.
• Facebook is the most appropriate tool for finding Old friends. When friends go away to any other place, we often don't get the chance to communicate with them. But now Facebook gives us the opportunity to communicate with our Old friend very easily without any cost. Surely, it is going to make you feel happy to see your old friend sharing some happy photos from another part of the World.
• We can share our feelings and what's happening around in our daily life through Facebook. We can also get feedback from our friends about their reaction toward our feelings. It is the best medium to share your feelings and thoughts with others. You can share your achievements to get some appreciation, or you can...