This study intends to resolve the problems of a parent and a child regarding on the vegetable that most children do not eat, the ampalaya. The investigation will be conducted by making Ampalaya chips which we aim to give interest to it for children. Our objective would be to create a better way for children to eat vegetables. Another is to help guardians make a much more create and fun way to feed children vegetables and to make a cheap and easy snack for everyone especially children.
Momordica charantia also known as Bitter Melon is a tropical and subtropical vine of the family Cucurbitaceae, widely grown in the Amazon, Carribean, South ...view middle of the document...
It is good for rheumatism and diseases of the liver, aids in lowering blood sugar level and blood pressure, it can relieve headache, disinfects and heal wounds and burns, it can be used as a cough and fever remedy and helps to prevent diabetes and some types of cancer. These are some of different health benefits of eating Ampalaya. Instead of eating Ampalaya itself, it will become more favorable of eating if it is in a form of chips. This study will help to improve eating Ampalaya and to prevent diabetes and different illnesses by using Ampalaya as an ingredient of making chips.
B. MAIN PROBLEMS
The research is focusing on making chips using Ampalaya and it aims to answer the following question:
1) Does the method of making produce the nutritious Ampalaya chips be more encouraging and effective to the children of today?
2) What can the researchers do to the ampalaya to make people especially children to be more enlightened upon eating vegetables?
1) Yes it will be a more nutritious alternative of junk food for children.
2) That the researchers will make ampalaya into chips so that it will be more appealing for the kids to eat vegetables.
D. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The researchers experiment is aimed to lessen the burden of feeding children vegetables and to also lessen the risk of obesity and diabetes; through ampalaya chips. Especially for the technology driven youth of today who lack physical activity and have bad eating habits. Ampalaya is a nutritious vegetable and has recently been proven to be an effective herbal medicine for ailments. Most significant of which is for diabetes. Ampalaya is probably among the most bitter vegetables on earth due to the presence of Momordicin in it, which makes feeding children ampalaya even harder. To make eating ampalaya alluring, we cooked them as chips to be appealing enough for children to eat but still maintaining its nutrients.
For Diabetic patient
It is easier for diabetic patients to eat ampalaya because of having ready to eat ampalaya chips instead of preparing and cooking ampalaya before eating.
Ampalaya chips will have benefits to children because they can gain the different vitamins of an ampalaya without knowing of what they are eating.
E. DEFINTION OF TERMS
1. Ampalaya - or bitter melon also known as bitter gourd as the name implies has a bitter taste due to the presence of Momordicin, and is believed to be among the most bitter of all vegetables.
2. Diabetes- a serious disease in which the body cannot properly control the amount of sugar in your blood because it does not have enough insulin
3. Diseases- an illness that affects a person, animal, or plant
4. Treatment- an experimental condition
5. Chips- a small piece of candy or chocolate used in baking
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
This project is quite similar in making seaweed chips to make it more...