MAN 6245- PMBA Name _________________________________
Organizational Behavior Dr. Kroeck
EXAM 1 STUDY QUESTIONS Summer-Fall 2010
Part I: Choose the ONE BEST answer.
1. Each of the following is a major category of abilities EXCEPT:
- B) Creativity
2. In Deci's theory of intrinsic motivation, the enjoyment gained from task-challenge decreases when:
- b) External rewards for success are provided
3. A mechanistic organization exhibits:
- d) all of the above
4. Goals ...view middle of the document...
A direct link between rewards and performance is absolutely necessary in order to motivate workers according to:
-b) VIE theory
13. Underpaid piece-rate workers are most likely to:
-d) none of the above
14. "Feedback," in operant conditioning theory, refers to:
15. The natural tendency of an organization to break apart or differentiate as it increases in size is called:
16. Which reinforcement schedule produces behavior that is most resistant to extinction?
-b) variable interval
17. A worker's belief that higher quantity of output will lead to an eventual promotion is called:
- C) P=0
18. A person with a strong tendency to attribute success and failure outcomes to good or bad luck or to the simplicity/ difficulty of the task is known as being:
-C) external locus of control
19. What causal attribution would a person form if the behavior observed were high in consistency, low in distinctiveness, and low in consensus?
-a) Stable internal cause
20. Which characterizes high need for achievement people?
-d) a tendency to seek feedback on one’s performance
21. According to Locke's goal-setting theory of motivation:
-a) specificity of goals is related to performance
22. When trying to eliminate alternative explanations, the danger encountered when comparing groups that were not the same to begin with is known as the:
B) Selection threat
23. When trying to eliminate alternative explanations, the danger encountered when the real cause was not the change you made but something else that happened during the experiment is known as the:
-d) history threat
24. Which of the following is true regarding individuals with an internal locus of control?
-b) They tend to be self-motivated
25. Cognitive structures that group discrete bits of perceptual information in an organized fashion are known as:
26. When discussing the expectancy theory, which term refers to the amount of satisfaction an individual anticipates receiving from a particular outcome?
-d) none of the above
27. When discussing the expectancy theory, which term refers to an individual's subjective belief about the relationship between performing a behavior and receiving an outcome.
28. In order to reduce the tension caused by inequity, an individual might...