BUS 475 Week 1 Knowledge Check UOP Course Tutorial
1. Reaching a valid decision is based on the evaluation of arguments. If we know that a valid argument has true premises, then a decision based on the argument______________.
• must be sound
• might be sound
• is strong
• might have a false conclusion
2. Identify the fallacy in the following piano store advertisement: “Pianos are our only business. You’ll get the best deal at the Piano Experts.”
• Ad hominem
• Straw man
• Hasty generalization
• Red herring
Complete Answers here BUS 475 Week 1 Knowledge Check
3. Which of the following statements describes creativity correctly?
• Only highly intelligent ...view middle of the document...
Organizational behavior is examined at three main levels.
• Traits, behaviors, and results
• Affective, cognitive, and behavioral
• Individual, organizational, and societal
• Individual, group, and organizational
7. Employees who have intrinsic work values will be motivated by
• challenging assignments
• status in the workplace
• social contacts
• financial rewards
8. Research on the five-stage model of group development shows that
• all groups pass through the norming stage
• groups always pass through the stages in order
• not all groups go through each of the stages
• all groups pass through the adjourning stage
9.The extent to which a leader actually does help a group or organization to achieve its goals is best described as
• formal leadership
• leader effectiveness
• organizational profitability
• informal leadership
Download now BUS 475 Week 1 Knowledge Check
10. When the business environment is __________, an organization is most likely to decentralize authority and empower its employees to make operating decisions.
11. To make your communication more effective
• include as much information as possible, even if you are not sure it is necessary
• send the same messages by multiple channels
• clearly address your audience's wants and needs, not yours
• draw pictures and animations your audience will understand
12.Which of the following meeting technologies would be most effective for negotiations, collaborative problem solving, and other complex discussions?
• Instant messaging
Want more details? Download now BUS 475
13.Most persuasive messages combine
• many major points all at once
• logical and emotional factors
• truth and falsehood
• current and very old evidence
14. Important design elements to consider when creating slides include which of the following:
• word selection
• selecting background designs
• selecting a theme
• writing content
15. Which of the following would be the best wording to use on a resume?
• "I was in charge of a staff of six employees."
• "I supervised a full staff of six employees."
• "Was in charge of entire departmental staff."
• "Supervised staff of six employees."
To download the complete answer check BUS 475 WEEK 4 Knowledge Check
16. The __________ approach to ethics maintains that an ethical action is the one that provides the most good or does the least harm.
• utilitarian approach
• rights approach
• fairness approach
• common good approach
Find the quiz answers here BUS 475 WEEK 2 Knowledge Check