Multiple Choice Question 56
Supply chain management involves managing:
• the flow of internal information only.
• the flow of materials and information from suppliers and buyers to the final customer.
• the flow of raw materials to inventory only.
• managing the stock room supply only.
Multiple Choice Question 14
A company with a low customer contact that is capital intensive is called:
• a farm
• industrial era operations management
Multiple Choice Question 50
When was the first mathematical model for inventory management developed?
Multiple Choice Question 68
Operations management ...view middle of the document...
Which of the following would not be a valid productivity measure?
• pizzas produced / number of workers used
• pizzas produced / number of ovens
• pizzas produced / cost of workers and ingredients
• pizzas produced / cost of all inputs used
• labor hours / pizzas produced
Multiple Choice Question 36
Suppose that a plant has a daily productivity of 0.85 parts per employee? What can we conclude?
• the plant must be very labor-intensive
• the plant is not earning profits
• the plant must be highly automated
• the plant should lay off workers
Online Homework Help Strayer University BUS 515 Study Guide
Multiple Choice Question 29
Which one of these refers to reducing the number of parts and features of the product whenever possible?
• design automation
• design simplification
• design specification
• design reduction
• design standardization
Multiple Choice Question 24
Which of the following is not included in the preliminary design and testing stage?
• prototypes are built and tested
• “bugs” are worked out
• revising the design based on test results
• the product design idea is evaluated according to the needs of the major business functions
• design engineers translate general performance specifications into technical specifications
Multiple Choice Question 25
During the final design and testing stage:
• the product achieves full production.
• marketing becomes involved for the first time.
• the product design idea is evaluated according to the needs of the major business functions.
• design engineers hand the product over to the final design engineers.
• the product specifications are drawn up.
Multiple Choice Question 44
What type of operations focus on products in the early stage of the life cycle?
Multiple Choice Question 58
A technology which uses sensor tags to monitor perishable products is:
Strayer University Midterm Answers BUS 515 Complete Midterm Exam Answer
Multiple Choice Question 47
Early supplier involvement refers to the involvement of critical suppliers for what?
• Strategic planning
• Assembly line design
• Speedy delivery planning
• Selection of new suppliers
• New product design
Multiple Choice Question 42
What term refers to the mission or objectives...