What have I learned about communication so far? What are the things I am already practicing? What are the things I would like to apply in my communication?
• So far I have learned that there are some methods in communication that can be used to encourage recipient to communicate with you in a better and faster way.
• I am practicing various formatting methods to make reader get the most important at the first sight of the letter.
• I would like minimize usage of some negative words in letters.
Who are the people/professionals that I admire their style of communication? What communication qualities do they have as …..? What communication behaviors do they show? What would I like to adapt of this? Who are the professionals/persons I do not like ...view middle of the document...
What books on business communication have I read that I like. Which one of them would I like to re-read?
• I have read a book about how to write a better audit report. It gave me a good understanding that some negative and commanding words (like “must” and etc.) should be avoided and the report should be given a recommendation style.
What is my own experience as an effective business communicator? What are the qualities that I have that have made me successful as a business person so far? Think of some examples. What are the business communication behaviors I sometimes show that are not so successful? Think of some examples.
• I have been developing my own business communication skills since working at an international organization, where communication quality was on a higher level than locally. It gave me a good experience, I had opportunity to gain experience in practice.
What from your experience has formed you as an effective business communicator? What are the things you would like to change or start to adapt? Identify business communication behaviors or actions you want to stop, start, change or continue doing based on your reflections above.
Stop Using some words;
Start Using formality level according to the audience;
Using short headings;
Separating text in short paragraphs with short title indicating what is the paragraph about;
Try to shorter the text as much as possible;
Use bullet points and numerations appropriately.
Indicating more meaningful subject and Headings.
Formatting of the text;
Structuring of the text;
Underlying main context;