COURSEWORK 1 – INDIVIDUAL
|Year |2014 |MONTH |SEPT 2014 |
|Subject |BUS 4023 BUSINESS ETHICS |
|Weight |25% |Submission Date |WEEK 7 |
A. Late Submission
• A 10% deduction per day of total coursework marks (excluding weekends and public holidays).
• Late submission between 5 to 10 days, results in a 50% deduction of total coursework marks.
• Late submission ...view middle of the document...
▪ You should submit Turnitin report. (hard & soft copy)
▪ You should bind your completed coursework with the coursework cover as the 1st page.
▪ A CD containing the softcopy version of your coursework should be submitted as well.
▪ The total marks for this assignment is 100%, but it carries 25% of overall assessment for this module.
COURSEWORK 1 - QUESTION
Student is required to select ONE organization / company from the industry listed below:
i. Briefly discuss on the history, product and services provided by the company that you have selected.
ii. Discuss critically and evaluate four positive and four negative ethical aspects of the company's business practices. Make a research on some of the latest news items and activities about each company and its officers over the same time period pertaining to ethical business aspects.
ii. Analyze how "ethical" is the business practices of the company by applying at least 4 relevant ethical theories such as utilitarianism, rights, justice, virtue ethics, ethics of care, and/or etc, in your discussion.
|Choose ONE company from the industry / category listed below: |
|Technology Industry - Apple, Samsung, Nokia, HTC & etc |
|Educational Industry - Segi, Inti, Taylors, Sunway University & etc. |
|Insurance Industry - AIA, ING, Zurich, Great Eastern & etc. |
|Medical Industry ( Private Hospitals) - Tropicana, Sunway, Pantai. KPJ & etc |
|Banking Industry - HSBC, Hong Leong, Maybank, Citi Bank, CIMB & etc |
Your report format should be as follow:
• Cover Page
• Grading Scheme
• Table of Content
• Introduction - Explanation on the background information of your chosen companies and industry.
• Evaluation of business practices of the company on positive and negative ethical aspects - support your presented arguments and points with the real facts or evidence from the companies.
• Application of 4 relevant ethical theories - to justify, comments and relate to those highlighted business practices with relevant ethical theories.
• List of References
• Appendices (if relevant)
GRADING SCHEME (INDIVIDUAL REPORT)
|No. |Assessment Criteria ...