AMITY INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS SCHOOL
SUBMITTED TO- PROF. KOKIL JAIN SUBMITTED BY- ANUJ DIWAKAR
ENROLLMENT NO- A1802011097
* Will Cinthol's new ad campaign be able to capture youth's attention?
If Karen Lunel bathing under a waterfall gave Liril a shot in the arm, Vinod Khanna running on the seashore did the same for Cinthol. After Khanna, the other heartthrobs who lent their face (and other body parts too) to Cintol were Imran Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan.
However, what Lunel did for Liril, ...view middle of the document...
He plans to do that by yanking Cinthol out of the popular segment — thereby no longer having Lux as competition — adding more value to it, jacking up the price, and migrating to the premium segment, a space occupied by brands like Mysore Sandal and Dove.
The other way to attract a new audience - the youth - is to sharpen Cinthol's extensions in the personal grooming realm with deodorants, and talcum powder, an entry into shower gels and possibly a few more categories that fit the new positioning.
This rejuvenation is taking place via an integrated approach with the launch of new product, package redesign and communication. Prakash Varma of Nirvana Films shot the ad in exotic locales in Iceland and Northern Europe, besides a few parts of India. The new TV campaign shows a bunch of youngsters bathing in open spaces with - what else — a Cinthol bar.
The tag line: 'Alive is Awesome,' as against previous slogans like 'Get Ready, Get Close' and more recently 'Don't Stop.' Sajan Raj Kurup, founder, CLA, says he wants 'Alive is Awesome' to do for Cinthol what 'Just Do It' did for Nike. "Nike was just footwear, before advertising reinvented the brand," says Kurup. "Our task is to make the brand relevant to everyone young at heart. We had to reinterpret freshness and we chose outdoors and the unisex platform to build the brand."
Moving away from its earlier promises of '24-hour confidence' and 'long-lasting freshness', GCPL now wants to, in Kataria's words, "capture how young people today live their lives to the fullest." He says the new positioning was arrived upon after observation of trends coupled with insights from consumer research.
1. It can be seen that Cinthol is trying to change its brand element by coming up with a new tagline of 'Alive is Awesome’.
2. In this advertisement they are positioning themselves as a youth oriented brand so that they can extend their brand in a few more categories like deodorants and talcum powder.
3. They are trying to change their brand image by a new positioning strategy.
4. The brand is migrating into a new category so that the competition gets reduced.
5. By entering into premium category Cinthol is trying to become a high end prestigious brand.
* Oreos new advertisement campaign on youtube, introducing its new flavor.
1. The people prior to watching the advertisement have an option of playing a game which is sign of active engagement loyalty as they are investing their time to play that game.
2. Through this advertisement they are creating salience for its new flavor.
3. The brand has extended itself by introducing the new choco crème flavor.
* Hero MotoCorp's new 'Hum Mein Hein Hero' ad campaign goes viral
The 'Hum Mein Hein Hero' campaign of HeroMotocorp, released on August 15 last year, became one of the most popular advertising jingles of 2011. The song composed by A.R. Rahman became a rage in no time and many...