BUSSINESS STANDARD COLUMN:
Rentokil India Pvt Ltd, a subsidiary of UK-based Rentokil, is planning to invest $25-30 million (about Rs 105-126 crore) in its pest control business over the next three years.
The company, which began operations from the south six months ago, is now looking at a pan-India presence by end of next year. Gradually, it also plans to foray into new businesses like facilities services, interior plant landscaping, and cleaning and washroom hygiene services.
Speaking to Business Standard Gopi Pillay, regional director – Asia, Rentokil Initial (M) Sdn Bhd, and Sam Easaw, managing director, Rentokil India, said so far the ...view middle of the document...
Residential Homes: Cockroach treatment (Gel, Spray & Herbal)
* Starts from a 2BHK apartment to Individual villas in a spread area of 50 Kms.
* The Average cost for one time pest control will be >=Rs.800.00 & Annual Maintenance contract would be >=2200.00Per annum.
* The slab rates increase as per increase in the areas
* A trained Pest Control technician can carry out an average of 4 such services in a 9 Hrs work time
* This customer can be potential client for one Time cleaning for the AVON giene team.
Small business account or Business Complex: General pest control & Rodent control
* they typically consist of banks ,small office buildings ,Resturants,Shops &areas which do not cross more than 15000 SFT
* The Average cost would vary from Rs.2500 to 10,000.00 Per month based on the nature of activity & pest infestation levels
* A trained technician can carry out 6 to 7 Rodent Control services in a 9 Hrs work time &
* A trained technician can carry out 4 General pest control (spraying treatment) in 9 hrs work time.
Large Corporate account or Apartment Complexes:
* They require the same kind of services as the small corporate account ,but require many more hours, Employees & equipment
* Corporate accounts are negotiated individually, and range from 30K TO 1.5 Lakhs based on the SFT areas.
Management & Personnel:
All employees receive training from the Senior manager & operations manager in the following areas.
* Company policies and procedures regarding the customers & company standards
* Pest control orientation to all the staff being hired in the vertical
* Liability & safety procedures
* Equipment care & theft policies
* Overview of each account assignment
* Equipment assignment & training-types of services
* Chemical precautions & dosages
* Onsite training of the fresh recruits
* Efficient material management on site
1. Senior manager
* Sets company policies and trains all new employees
* Solicits,Intrivews & hires new employees
* Negotiate new & large accounts
* Approves the purchase of equipment & supplies
* Handles customer service issues that cannot...