1. Instructions are included throughout this document in red italics. Please delete all instructions before printing out your final plan.
2. This document includes the textual portion of your business plan. Many of you will also want to create your financial projections (created with the Microsoft Excel file we gave you) and integrate them into this document.
Directions to do this are included throughout this document. To update this document at any time to reflect changes made to your Microsoft Excel file, simply save and close both files. When you reopen this file (after you create the links per the instructions in this document), you will see a prompt asking if you ...view middle of the document...
Customer Analysis 6
Target Customers 6
Customer Needs 7
V. Competitive Analysis 8
Direct Competitors 8
Indirect Competitors 9
Competitive Advantages 10
VI. Marketing Plan 12
Products, Services & Pricing 12
Promotions Plan 13
Distribution Plan 14
VII. Operations Plan 15
Key Operational Processes 15
VIII. Management Team 18
Management Team Members 18
Management Team Gaps 19
Board Members 19
IX. Financial Plan 21
Revenue Model 21
Financial Highlights 21
Funding Requirements/Use of Funds 22
Exit Strategy 22
X. Appendix 23
I. Executive Summary
SUGGESTION: Complete your Executive Summary LAST. It is easier to do once the other sections of your plan are done.
Start with a CONCISE one to two line explanation of your business such as:
• We are an organic restaurant located in Miami, FL
• We operate a social networking website for working mothers
• We are a software development company that enables individuals to more efficiently complete their taxes
If you need help doing this, try one or more of the following exercises:
[Company Name] __________________ (what you do, e.g., helps, provides, sells, manufactures, etc.) __________________ (what you offer, etc., food, services, software, etc.) to __________________ (who your customers are, e.g., teenagers, new parents, business managers) with the following benefits __________________ (list benefits, e.g., faster, more reliable, lower cost).
Do you know how __________________ (insert problem, etc., it’s hard to stay on a diet), what our company does is __________________ (insert your solution, etc., helps people stay on diet by doing this and that).
We are like ___________________ (well known company that is similar to yours) except that we ___________________ (how you are different/better). (e.g., We are like Domino’s Pizza except that we use higher quality ingredients which make our products taste better than theirs).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
List as many reasons you can think of regarding why your company will succeed. Below are several examples/areas you can choose from. Add specific examples to the bullets that work for your business, and delete ones that are not relevant.
• Products and/or Services: Our Products and/or Services are superior to our competitors because
• Human Resources: Our management team has unique experience in the industry including
• Location: Our location allows us to better serve customers because
• Operational Systems: We have developed systems that enable us to provide high quality products/services at a lower cost. These systems include
• Intellectual Property (IP): We have Intellectual Property that gives us an advantage over our competitors. Our IP includes
• Customers: We are already serving key customers which...