TOPIC: ONLINE CAR RENTAL SYSTEM
* CHAPTER -1
INTRODUCTION TO ONLINE CAR RENTAL SYSTEM
This project is an online car rental system. It is a web based system specially designed for car reservation management. Through the system, customers can view the rental car company’s available cars and their features. The customers can register and make reservation for the cars online. Through the same system the company can manage its cars’ stock, personnel’s details as well as its customers’ details and reservations.
1.2 Reason for the Project
People get a rental car for various reasons. One of them could be because they do not possess a car and would ...view middle of the document...
With the use of the internet technology the company can introduce its services world wide.
* The online car reservation: customers with a simple click of their mouse can make reservation of cars through the internet prior to their expected pick-up date or time.
* The registration of customers: there will be a registration portal available to the management team of the rental company in order to keep track of customers’ details and their various transactions. The objective of this portal is to offer better and/or improve customers’ services. The registration portal or control panel will contain customers’ details as well as the transactions made.
1.3 Scope of the project
This project covers diverse areas ranging from business field to computing field. The project demands a lot of researches in order to achieve the objectives established.
Technical scope: This project is the commencement of what we believe would give car Rental Company another dimension in Ghana and hopefully in the all Africa. The technologies involve for the achievement of this project is:
* PHP Technology used for the development of web application.
* MySQL Technology, a relational database that runs as a server and provides users access to the databases.
* APACHE SERVER used to parse and execute PHP pages before putting the websites on the server.
* WEB 2.0 Technology, platform on which the system will be available and accessible 24/7 except when a temporary server issue occurs but which we believe would be minimal.
Geographical scope: Based on the fact that our project is a business-oriented system, our geographical scope would be the car rental industry and its general customers. This would include studying how the vehicle rental business is organized; the processes involved in the renting of cars, the opportunities that exist for improvement, how the customers and the company’s management will be able to use the system effectively.
1.4 Advantages and Disadvantages of the project
This online car rental system exhibits all the characteristics that make web-based systems the most popular.
* The software offers car rental companies with a professional look and image.
* The system is very easy to manage.
* It saves a lot of time, money and labour.
* The overall business monitoring becomes easy and demand less paper work.
* The system is accessible from any location with internet capable computer, and the access is fast, reliable and secured.
* The software acts as an office opened 24/7 and the bookings and/ or changes can be made at any time.
* The system increases the efficiency of the management as to offering quality...