1. What is Procter & Gamble's business strategy? What is the relationship of collaboration and innovation to that business strategy?
In order to reach out to its worldwide customer base, its employees, and its suppliers, Procter and Gamble have to use a distributed development strategy. The relationship of collaboration and innovation is ensuring that everyone, from the people that work for the company, to include the management, to the suppliers, is involved somehow in their ultimate goal which is provide quality goods for their consumer base. This will also enable them to stay competitive in the market.
2. How is P&G using collaboration systems to execute its business model and ...view middle of the document...
3. Why were some collaborative technologies slow to catch on at P&G?
Some of the new technologies that were trying to be introduced were not compatible with the Microsoft infrastructure and IT systems that were already in place. When this occurs, there has to be a work-around. When an employee sees that there is going to be some type of issue with something new that’s being introduced, there’s going to be a certain amount of resistance to it. They are hesitant to stray from a system in place that works.
4. Compare P&G's old and new processes for writing up and distributing the results of a research experiment.
Procter and Gamble researchers simply used pens and notebooks to annotate their findings. However, they adopted Adobe LifeCycle Reader Extensions and Adobe LifeCycle PDF Format Generator. This allows them to transcribe, read, and process a large amount of data. It also allows them to ensure the security of the recorded information by placing it into .pdf format.
5. Why is Telepresence such a useful collaborative tool for a company like P&G?
Telepresence is a video teleconferencing tool that can save Procter and Gamble money is a few ways. First, this company spans the globe, its products are various. Employees are based worldwide. Before VTC technology came around, employees would have to consume part of the company’s budget to attend meetings. Airfare and hotel rooms are expensive. VTC systems, such as Telepresence, save the company money in travel expenses, and employee quality of life, like time spent with families rather than traveling, is improved.
6. Can you think of other ways P&G could use collaboration to foster innovation?
In their research and...