1. Write in the total deposit and the date the deposit was made on at the top of the sheet.
2. Go to the first check, if it is Inter-Company it could possibly be a G/L which you will code at the bottom of the sheet (Misc G/L&J/C Cash Receipts). How to tell if it is a G/L: look at the invoice #, it will be 4 numbers at the beginning. Ex 1500G/LADP12/31 or 1570-04-31. Exception 4910 is going to be a job number explained in step 7. A G/L could also simply be written on the check.
3. Write out your check number, amount of entire amount going under this section (Misc G/L&J/C Cash Receipts), report #, and the name of the payer.
4. On the second section of (Misc G/L&J/C Cash Receipts) enter the amount of each invoice, could be multiple amounts, then place the code of each invoice in the G/L Credit Acct column.
5. If your check is not a G/L it is most likely an A/R Cash receipt. Inquire (Timberline, IA, Inquire, A/R, Customer Inquire, Aging. Then ...view middle of the document...
Enter the same information as stated in step 3 and 4 with the exception of the G/L Credit acct. Instead, it will be under Job: Company # - 4910 (Ex 13-4910). The cost code will be 1301-11##00 (## being company number of the company paying the check).
8. If you have still not see found the proper placement it could be a rent check, for example (Gaylor, River Ridge, Rescare, Sheegogs and Bower & Associates) are all rent companies. The way to find the code for these is to use (Timberline, IA, Inquire, G/L, account, current) then start with the company being paid number for the search then 21-01. (Ex. 42-21-01) Rents are 3000 accounts. The name of the person paying is sometimes in the description. Write these up the same way you did in step 3 and 4.
9. Sub-total both sections individually then add together to get your total receipts amount. Be sure it matches your total deposit amount.
10. Once you are ready to enter into Timberline you go to (Timberline, A/R, Task, Enter Cash Receipts, Paula..) You can either type in the Bank Account info located on your cash receipt you wrote up or do ALT + L for a list of accounts. Your deposit ID will be your report number located on your Cash Receipts. Deposit Type = Checking. Total Deposit amount is located on your Cash receipt as well.
11. Click ok then you will have to enter your information. If you are filling out from the A/R Receipts section enter Customer number, Cash receipt ID = Check number, amount, report #, description (received from).
12. Next it will bring up a screen and you will click on your invoice numbers being sure that the totals match. Then click ok.
13. If you are entering Misc G/L & J/C Cash Receipts then you will skip customer # and enter the rest as usual. It will bring you through another screen then you will simply tab through until you reach the Credit Account. Then you will enter your G/L Credit Account number.
14. If it is a Job Cost then you will have to enter all the information as usual except when you get to Cash Receipt Type change it to job cost. You will then tab through and enter your Job # and Cost Code.
15. You should have to hit Finish 3 separate times. Then Printer setup and save it to I/HUGHES/Cash Receipts/”Your Company” Be sure to change your file type to Adobe.