1. Which of the following percentages represents the highest availability?
2. Which of the following commands allows you to determine how long your Linux server has been running continuously?
3. What characteristic of the IRC protocol makes it an effective way to spread viruses and worms quickly?
It broadcasts communication from one chat room participant to others.
4. You have outsourced your VoIP services to a cloud computing provider that promises a 99.99% uptime. However, one day your IP telephone service is unavailable for a half hour. If this turns out to be the service’s average downtime per month, what is its actual uptime?
5. If you anti-malware uses signature scanning, what must you do to keep the malware-fighting capabilities current?
Regularly update the anti-malware software's signature database
6. Which of the following power ...view middle of the document...
Suppose you want to use redundant firewalls on your WAN link. Which of the following protocols would allow you to make both firewalls respond to requests for the same IP address?
CARP-Common Address Redundancy Protocol
12. Which of the following can be considered an advantage of clustering servers over mirroring servers?
Clustering failover takes place more rapidly.
13. Which of the following offers the highest fault tolerance for shared data and programs?
SAN’s (Storage area networks)
14. Why do SANs save and retrieve files faster than NAS devices?
They use a proprietary network transmission method, rather than the Ethernet.
15. Suppose you are the network manager for an ISP whose network contains five file servers that use software RAID, a NAS installation, and a SAN. You learn that the company is taking on a huge web hosting client and you need to add 10TB of storage space as soon as possible. To what part of the network should you add the storage so that it causes the lease disruption to the existing network?
To the SAN
16. Which factor must you consider when using cloud backups that you don't typically have to consider when backing up to an external device?
17. In a Grandfather-Father-Son backup scheme, the October-Week 1-Thursday backup tape would contain what type of files?
files changed since Wednesday (day before)
18. In the Grandfather-Father-Son back up scheme, how frequently is a full back up performed? (Choose all that apply)
Weekly and Monthly
19. What is the difference between an incremental backup and a differential backup?
An incremental backup resets the archive bit after backing up files, whereas a differential backup does not.
20. You have been charged with creating a disaster recovery contingency plan for the federal benefits agency where you work. Your supervisor has said that the network must have the highest availability possible, no matter what the cost. Which type of disaster recovery site do you recommend?