1. Your coworker LaRita has asked you to review her slide presentation. You notice that it is difficult to recognize and process the most important ideas and information. To help her fix this, what will you recommend that she change?
• She should include a compelling image every few slides.
• She should choose dark backgrounds and text colors.
• She should use bold or italics to highlight key ideas.
• She should limit her text to five words per line and three to four lines per slide.
2. A colleague asks you for advice on how to understand the audience of his persuasive message. Which of the following pieces of advice will you offer?
• Ask as few questions as possible to avoid ...view middle of the document...
• They tend to follow the perceived dreams and goals of the group as a matter of duty.
• They tend to stay in contact with and work through extended networks.
7. Performing at the highest standards, not just for oneself, but for the team, for the supervisor, for the consumer, and for the company's shareholders, indicates a sense of _________.
8. The career summary section of a résumé should provide the candidate's ________.
• major accomplishments, abilities, and attributes
• memberships, awards, certifications and licensure, and activities
• objective for the job search
• list of personal references
Download for answers COM 295
9. Which of the following is typically included in the reviewing stage of writing an effective business message?
• ensuring the communication is fair
• identifying the primary message and key points
• finding the needs of the audience
• setting a positive and other-oriented tone
10. Gregor, who works at a textbook company, has put together a presentation proposing that the company save money by getting its images from less expensive stock photo sites. Gregor needs to present his idea to the executive committee. Considering the content of his presentation, which of the following people on the committee should he most try to influence?
• The design director
• The editorial director
• The marketing director
• The production editor
11. Which of the following should contain all your research sources and should be provided at the end of your report?
• the reference list
• table of contents
• the executive summary
12. Javier is an editorial manager at a publishing company. He wants to give one of his supervisors an "Employee of the Year" award. Which of the following supervisors should he choose if he is looking for an employee with a strong sense of caring?
• Ayesha, who always takes on extra work to help the department meet its deadlines
• Jenny, who helps her employees develop the skills that will allow them to advance
• Paul, who is the best copy editor and proofreader in the department
• Jon, who sets short- and long-term deadlines for every project and meets them promptly
Find the latest final exam answers here COM 295 Final Exam (Latest)
13. Bao is conducting a study that compares the cost of keeping print messages on file versus storing digital messages in the cloud. What aspect of communications relates to the storage of messages?
14. Which of the following facilitates a one-stop work space containing project and meeting information, shared files, and communication platforms?
• social networking
• written messages
15. In the context of developing persuasive messages, which of the following is most likely to help you demonstrate a voice of competence?
• focusing only on logical appeals