1. What communication type avoids conflict and focuses on facts and details rather than the big picture? They may be perceived by others as unemotional and nonchalant.
2. A criticism of social media is that it
• is only available to the media savvy.
• contributes to the decline in writing and language skills.
• leads to separation of the haves and have-nots.
• leads to information overload
3. In Korean culture, a business deal is dependent on contractual information as well as how the parties perceive each other’s values and ethics. According to Edmund Hall, this behavior exhibits the theory of
• low-context ...view middle of the document...
Which statement is true concerning the role of publics in business communication?
• Publics, in general, remain constant despite changes in the environment.
• Internal publics are usually not concerned with the communication style used by management.
• External publics are not concerned with an organization’s public performance.
• Publics can dispel rumors and build positive brand image.
8. A break-in at your company has resulted in the theft of various pharmaceutical products. The head chemist, slated as the company’s designated spokesperson, is scheduled to appear at a media conference. This course of action illustrates one of the steps in crisis communication planning. Select the appropriate step:
• Assessing the possible risk to the organization
• Evaluating the effectiveness of your action plan
• Identifying levels of vulnerability in your company
• Implementing the action plan
Complete Answers just a click away COM 537 Complete Answer
9. In the management journal article about persuading customers that your boss recommended, you read that your style of hard selling is not effective with young professionals. You begin to question if you need to take a sales training seminar. This is an example of
• cognitive dissonance
• selective attention
• selective exposure
10. Building strong coalitions among individuals or groups that have separate interests is called
11. When Joseph Kline, a U.S. citizen working for a bakery in Pakistan, is surprised that he will have to work on December 25, Christmas Day, he is dealing with which component of the transactional communication model?
• Internal noise
• External noise
• Cultural relativism
12. Which of the following statements is true?
• Semantics is the study of the meaning of words, phrases, and texts
• Semantics is the study of how words affect the decision-making process
• Semantics is the study of dictionary definitions
• Semantics is the study of the use of words in persuasive communication
Quiz Answers just a click away COM 537 Final Questions And Answers
13. What affects how others perceive us and can adjust according to the situation?
• Communication style
14. What describes the occasion, time, and place of communication in the transactional communication model?
• Cognitive dissonance
15. A beer commercial shows young people laughing while enjoying bottles of Mountain Beer in a busy bar scene. According to Maslow’s hierarchy, which consumer need is targeted?
• physiological needs
16. With the overload of information today, what does Smith (2010) state communication must be to be noticed?
• Familiar and consistent
• Timely and thorough
• Innovative and creative
• Informative and detailed
To download the complete course check COM...