A Proposed Computerized Hotel Management System
for Hotel Castro Cotabato City
Rex Marvin Glimada
Mark Dominic Polo
Mary Ann Cayang
The advent of new technology gave rise to easy and hawk free interaction between and among humans, whatever it is, business, science, task a person takes on the quality and speed of carrying it out are enhanced with automation at the core of the efficient.
Today, many systems have used an automation process like using computer system, due to the efficient and accuracy. Hotel reservation system is a transaction processing system, in this system there are ...view middle of the document...
1.2 Statement of the Problem:
Hotel Castro uses a manual system in dealing with the hotel reservation and daily transaction. With the use of these manual procedures, the following problem arises:
1. The performance of the manual hotel management is time consuming.
2. The manual system has a difficulty in handling data accurately.
3. Securities of the data are not guaranteed.
4. Unable to retrieve past data
1.3 General Objective
The general objective of the proponents is to design a Computerized Hotel Management System for the Daily Transaction of Hotel Castro.
1.3.1 Specific Objective:
1. To develop a system that will help to operate efficiently.
2. To provide an easier way and a graphical user interface for the users to view the data needed.
3. To create a security level for the users to limit and protect system.
4. To provide an easy access for the database of all transaction.
5. To generate reports of the past transaction and inventories.
1.4 Significance of the Study:
The proposed computerized hotel management system is useful because it will provide solutions to the existing problems created by manual hotel management system.
The proposed computerized system will lessen the time consume by reservation officers filling up forms. It will also secure the important files and document.
The proposed computerized hotel management system is beneficial to Hotel Castro specially the management and the reservation officer.
This study is also beneficial to future programmers. This can be a basis for Hotel management system.
1.5 Scope and Limitation
The study focuses on the process of the hotel management system, can produce an accurate and efficient customer records transaction.
• Delete files of customer records
• Edit files of customer records
• It can generate report of hotel’s transaction
• It can view search save and add customers information
• Secure the customers as system uses password and access level password.
• It can’t detect if the room is available or occupied
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
Online Hotel Reservation System
Allows travel portals and hotel groups to manage multiple hotels and to distribute rates and availability to multiple websites.
A user can search by date, hotel, room type, price, location, and number of people. Real-time room availability checks and automatically update inventory as rooms are booked.
The system features a payment gateway system to process their bookings in real-time Hotels can be notified of bookings by email or fax as required. Users can login and review or update the details of their booking or cancel their booking.
Room Management System
Hotels can login and update:
- Room Availability
- Room types and description