Contribute to the children and young people’s health and safety
Performance Criteria (PC)
1-Know the health and safety polices and procedures
of the work setting:
1.1 outline the health and safety polices and procedures of the work setting:
Health And Safety
Wizz Kids day Nursery has a health and safety procedure in place to ensure that everyone in the setting including children and staff work in a healthy and safe environment. These Procedures help staff identify how to deal with any risk when it happens and how to minimize the risks on a day to day basis. Children will always play , and this is something which we can not stop , What I can do is make sure that the area ...view middle of the document...
- All staff and students are to ensure they remain smart in their
Appearance, they are expected to adhere to the dress code.
- Staff and students need to be aware of their behavior whilst wearing
Their uniform, both in and outside of work.
Behavior/ Attitude/ Lifestyle:
- All staff should take responsibility for their role in the nursery and act
and behave in a professional manner at all times.
- We should act as role models to children and parents/carers,
- As staff we should always act with integrity, be respectful, approachable , polite whilst on duty .
Fit for work
When we are working with children, it is a very demanding physical role
which involves a great deal of energy, awareness and attentiveness.
- Staff should not come to work if they are under the influence of drugs and Alcohol
- You need to make sure that your physical, mental and emotional state is a 100 % so that your work is not effected.
- we have to be 100 % committed to our work therefore can not have any other form of employment at the same time .
Mobile Phones/ Photographs/ Images:
To make sure the child’s safety is not compromised, at Whiz Kids we operate a
Personal mobile phone usage policy and photograph images policy which
Instructs us that mobile phones cannot be used in the presence of the
Children. We are only allowed to capture photographs with prior written permission from the parent or guardian .
- All mobile phones will be kept in a secure place throughout the working
- Personal Phone calls may only be attended at lunch time when not staff are not on duty.
- If their is a personal emergency, We are allowed to go to the staff room to make the phone call or use the Phone at whiz Kids office .
- It is our duty to ensure that managers have up to date contact information.
- When we are on outings it is essential we have other staff contact numbers .
- The use of personal cameras is not permitted at anytime when around the children .
- we can use the nursery camera when we have authorization to do so .
- When the children enroll to whiz Kids, the parents and careers sign an agreement that we can take pictures of their child for business use only.
We have to be aware and careful when posting work related subjects on social networks such as Facebook & twitter
- It is not acceptable for staff to disclose confidential information about their place of work.
- It is not recommended to have parents and carers as friends on social networking websites .
- Where contacts already exist staff should respect and maintain strict
Confidentiality as laid out within this policy.
- Under no circumstances should any material including photographs
taken on the nursery premises be placed on any social networking sites. Unless its on the whiz Kids day nursery Facebook page.
- The managers will be informed if any of the above is not adhered to .
Daily Risk Assessments
At Whiz Kids we...