Questions on Leadership
1. What is the shape of the perfect leader and does he or she exist.
* The shape of the perfect leader he or she must have:
i. A vision of the future (where are we going)
ii. The ability to encourage followers to jump into that experience (work through the many changes that are required to achieve that vision).
iii. Make a self-improvement for themselves and their followers. It can make them to be a good coaches and mentors.
iv. Empowering their followers to get things done (delegates).
* There are no perfect leaders because a good leaders always trying to improve themselves through self-study, education, mentorship, making mistakes and ...view middle of the document...
Although many people believe that intrinsic motivators are the best, that is not necessary so. Often extrinsic motivator leads us into new situations and then our love for doing it (intrinsic) carries us through and on to new heights.
* Leaders do not motivate-not directly anyway. They do it indirectly. Motivation is an intrinsic response; it comes from inside and cannot be imposed from the outside. Motivation comes from wanting to do something on one’s own free will. Leadership is about getting things
* done at the right way; to do that, you need people. To get people to follow you, you need to
* have them trust you. And if you want them to trust you and things for you and the organizations, they need to be motivated. Motivation is purely and simply a leadership behavior. It stems from wanting to do what is right for people as well as for organization. If we consider leadership to be an action, motivation, too is an active process. And if you go deep enough, motivation itself is driven by a series of actions grouped under three heading: energize, encourage and exhort.
* Energize: what leaders do when they set the right example, communicate clearly, and challenge appropriately.
* Encourage: what leaders do to support the process of motivation through empowerment, coaching and recognition.
* Exhort: how leaders create an experience based on sacrifice and inspiration that prepares the ground upon which motivation can flourish.
* There are 3 keys to stay motivated as a leaders:
* Empower others: one of the easiest ways to get discouraged is when you are doing everything yourself. By empowering others you are freeing up your time to focus on the things that you need to focus on. When you are able to stay focused, be productive, and rely on the good team, it’s much easier to stay motivated.
* Surround yourself with greater leaders than you: everyday you are giving yourself to your team and honestly it can be very tiring. By surrounding yourself with leaders that are more experienced than you, you have the ability to learn from them. They are great sources of motivation because they have been where you are and can give you advice on how to deal with practically everything that you face as a leader.
* Learn to relax: you may be devoted leader that make sure everything you and your people do is done with excellence. Of course there is a good thing but not knowing when to relax can be a big reason why you may be feeling stressed. Even taking one or two day break will help revive your motivation more than you can know.
3. Does every manager need to be a leader?
* Just as there are many managers who cannot lead, there are many leaders who cannot manage. Both strip the company a valuable resource- a leader who can get things done or a manager who can lead her/ his employees.
* “ There is profound between management and leadership, and both are important. To manage means to bring about, to accomplish,...