CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF
CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF RESEARCH REPORT
Research critique is a planned careful critical evaluation of a piece of research work against the prescribed criteria to judge the strenth and weakness of the research study. Critique should be balanced , wherealternative suggestions must be provided to further enforce the strenth and eliminate the weakness of the study to improve overall quality of the research project.
* To provide inputs regarding the strenth and weakness of a study to the researchers.
* To provide suggestions to the students regarding ...view middle of the document...
CRITIQUE OF THE STUDY BACKGROUND
* Is the problem statement clearly and concisely articulated?
* Is the problem significant for nursing profession and has the researcher provided good argument for significance?
* Is the research problem with in professional domain?
* Is the problem not complex to study and appropriately delimited in its scope?
* Does the problem statement clearly depict the variables , population and place of the study
* Is the research problem feasible to study in reference to time, resources, researcher’s ability and availibility of respondents?
* Is the research problem directed to devolop or test the nursing theories?
* Are the objectives in accordance with the research problem?
* Are the objectives stated in clear and concise form?
* Are the objectives stated using accepted action verbs in logical manner?
* Are all the study variables operationally defined?
* Are operational definitions stated in logical and measurable form?
* Are the hypothesis stated? If not , does the researcher provide sufficent information for not stating the hypothesis?
* Are hypothesis logically related with the research problem and objectives?
* If stated , are the hypothesis clear? Specific ? testable?
* Whether hypothesis is stated in a measurable terms by stating the level of significance to accept or reject the hypothesis?
* Are hypothesis stated in a way that they express a predicted relationship between two or more variaables?
* Are hypothesis based on conceptual framework used in research study?
* Is conceptual framework appropriate and in accordance with the research problem?
* Is conceptual framework based on nursing theory or a theory from other related discipline?
* Are all the concepts in framework clearly, adequately,and logically defined and articulated in away that they help either in the testing or generation of a theory?
Note: qualitative research, descriptive studies, and bio- physiologic studies typically will not have a theoretical framework.
* Is the literature completely in accordance with the research problem and covers majority of available studies on topic under study?
* Is the lterature reviewed from the current and primary sources?
* Is the literature review well organised under subheadings in a chronological order according to the year of the study?
* Is the literature review presented in an analytical wayto draw the mmeaningful inferences?
CRITIQUE OF THE METHODOLOGICAL ASPECTS
* Is the design specified correctly? What was the design used?
* Is the desiign appropriate to answer the research question?
* Did the researcher attempt to control for threats to internal and external validity?
SAMPLE AND SAMPLING TECHNIQUE
* Is the sample...