Submission Date: 11th November 2010
Module Code: 56192Word Count: 2190
The need for a new advertising campaign is shown through analysing the following aspects of the market environment:
• ‘The takeaway and convenience food sector is predicted to grow by 70% over the next 10 years’ and the home delivery market is ‘estimated to have reached £1,474 million in the UK’ (Dominos Website 2010).
• ‘Increased trust in online purchasing, the introduction of new e-commerce platforms, increasing consumer time pressures and the popularity of at-home leisure activities are expected to ...view middle of the document...
Through our new campaign we want to maintain the large market share and sale, while trying to counteract the possible effects of the spending review- through building loyalty. The objectives are:
• Within 2 months 50% of the target audience will be aware of the ‘Eating Out, While Staying In’ campaign and its incentives.
• Within 6 months at least 65% of the target audience will have repeat purchased from Dominos, gaining their free film incentive.
• Within 6 months there should be a 25% increase in the target audience joining the ‘Domino’s Pizza UK & Ireland’ Facebook (currently 80,850 as of 06/11/10- Facebook 2010) and Twitter pages.
• Within 12 months there should be a 1% increase in Domino’s market share of the pizza takeaway and home delivery market, whilst showing a sales figure increase of 13% on last year’s sales.
They are all for the UK market only.
This campaign will focus on what Mintel (2010) cites as being ‘Tech-savvy Pizza Enthusiasts’. This target audience has been chosen as they are already familiar and have previously consumed Domino’s pizzas (Mintel 2010).
The demographics of this audience are:
• Age- 15-24 years old
• Social class-ABC 1 category
• Marital status- single
• Family life cycle- likely to be pre/no family
(All information found from Mintel 2010)
The psychographics of this audience are:
• Personality attributes- friendly, enjoy socialising with friends.
• Lifestyle- like innovations and are very familiar with technology- Mintel (2010). They may have more spare time due to the fact they are likely to still be at school, college or university.
• Motives- Mintel (2010) finds that convenience motivates this group, rather than basing food decisions on other assessments such as taste. E.g. simple menus and takeaways- so fitting in around what they enjoy doing is key.
They are most likely to be categorised as experiencers by VALS 8 segments with fairly high resources (disposable income, energy, health…). This means that they ‘are motivated by self expression’ (Shimp 2010) and are young impulsive buyers, who like new, innovative trends.
The behavioural characteristics of this audience are:
• Price sensitivity- ‘fond of promotions’ (Mintel 2010)
• Brand loyalty- likely to be more brand loyal if incentivised e.g. ‘such as offering free music or game downloads as part of a loyalty scheme’ (Mintel 2010)
• End Use- most likely to have ordered pizza via phones, internet or the TV according to Mintel (2010).
Our chosen target audience are less likely to view media through traditional platforms e.g. radio or television due to the fact that they enjoy new technologies (internet or smart phones). Mintel 2010 finds that ‘While they may be easier to reach across a range of media platforms, traditional media is finding the...