FIN 370 Final Exam Guide (New)
1.Which of the following is true regarding Investment Banks?
2. We compute the profitability index of a capital-budgeting proposal by Initial outlay = $1,748.80
3. Project Sigma requires an investment of $1 million and has a NPV of $10. Project Delta requires an investment of $500,000 and has a NPV of $150,000. The projects involve unrelated new product lines. What is your evaluation of these two projects?
4. Which of the following is most likely to occur if a firm over-invests in net working capital?
5. The Securities Investor Protection Corporation protects individuals from
6. If managers are making decisions to maximize shareholder wealth, then they ...view middle of the document...
Which of the following best describes why cash flows are utilized rather than accounting profits when evaluating capital projects?
13. Which of the following could offset the higher risk exposure a company would face if itâ€™s current ratio and net working capital were relatively low?
14. When the impact of taxes is considered, as the firm takes on more debt
15. Accounting break-even analysis solves for the level of sales that will result in:
16. When calculating the weighted average cost of capital, which of the following has to be adjusted for taxes?
17. Which of the following statements best represents what finance is about?
18. Apple Two Enterprises expects to generate sales of $5,950,000 for fiscal 2014; sales were$3,450,000 in fiscal 2013. Assume the following figures for the fiscal year ending 2013: cash $70,000; accounts receivable $250,000; inventory $400,000; net fixed assets $520,000; accounts payable $235,000; and accruals $155,000. Use the percent-of-sales method to forecast cash for the fiscal year ending 2014.
19. Aspects of demand risk controllable by the firm include:
20. The Oviedo Thespians are planning to present performances of their Florida Revue on 2 consecutive nights in January. It will cost them $5,000 per night for theater rental, event insurance and professional musicians. The theater will also take 10% of gross ticket sales. How many tickets must they sell at $10.00 per ticket to raise $1,000 for their organization?
21. Which of the following goals is in the best long-term interest of stockholders?
22. Compute the payback period for a project with the following cash flows, if the company's discount rate is 12%.
23. If you have $20,000 in an account earning 8% annually, what constant amount could you withdraw each year and have nothing remaining at the end of five years?
24. Which of the following best describes why cash flows are utilized rather than accounting profits when evaluating capital projects?
25. Which of the following financial ratios is the best measure of the operating effectiveness of a firm's management?
26. Which of the following is not part of the underwriting process?
27. Long-term financial plans typically encompass:
28. Metals Corp. has $2,575,000 of debt, $550,000 of preferred stock, and $18,125,000 of common equity. Metals Corp.'s after-tax cost of debt is 5.25%, preferred stock has a cost of 6.35%, and newly issued common stock has a cost of 14.05%. What is Metals Corp.'s weighted average cost of capital?
29. You just purchased a parcel of land for $10,000. If you expect a 12% annual rate of return on your investment, how much will you sell the land for in 10 years?
30. Which of the following is true about bonds?
FIN 370 Week 1 Individual Assignment Definition Worksheet (New)
This Tutorial contains 3...