Is Global Warming a big deal?
Â Â Â Global warming has been in the news over the last forty years however, and it is real. Crowded landfills, polluted water, and poor air quality are just a few of the environmental problems that affect both industrial and developing nations. This phenomenon, known as global warming, could have serious negative effects on humans and all other living things on Earth.
Increase in greenhouse gases, increase in temperatures and rise in sea level. There are many issues to deal with on a day-by-day basis involving our planet earth, however most important ones is global warming. Is global warming a big deal? Is it real? Yes, global warming is a huge deal ...view middle of the document...
I also pointed out, in a lengthy committee report, that those same environmental extremists exploit the issue for fundraising purposes, raking in millions of dollars. Now what is more shocking is critics and fossil fuel lobbyist spent 117 million dollars to ensure the legislation designed to fight climate change will not pass. When it comes to temperature rise, they say that there was a miscalculation in the process or that it was recorded in direct sunlight. In addition, for the Sea levels rising a skeptic Lindzen, Richard S a professor of metrology at the University of Massachusetts says for small changes in climate associated with tenths of a degree, there is no need for any external cause. The earth is never exactly in equilibrium. The motions of the massive oceans where heat was moved between deep layers and the surface provides variability on time scales from years to centuries.
On the rise of temperature is the biggest of all yet the rays from the sun are absorbed by water vapor that is naturally in our Atmosphere. Water vapor accounts for 80 percent of natural greenhouse warming. The remaining 20 percent is due to other gasses that are present in very small amounts. Carbon dioxide is also a big absorber of the sun's heat rays. Humans can cause a lot of carbon dioxide to be released. Every time we burn fossil fuels, we release more carbon dioxide. Emissions from cars also increase the amount of carbon dioxide in earthâ€™s atmosphere. The more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, more rays from the sun are absorbed. Causing the atmosphere and the earthâ€™s temperature to rise. Continuing of Earthâ€™s warming will cause the oceans to become warmer. When the oceans heat up water evaporates causing more carbon dioxide to be released. Once this starts, it is extremely hard to control. Another greenhouse gas is methane: Methane absorbs infrared radiation 25 times more effectively than carbon dioxide, making it an important greenhouse gas despite its relatively low concentration. Various studies on how methane is released into the atmosphere have shown that come from biological activity related to rice cultivation, leaks in domestic and industrial gas lines, and the digestive process of domestic livestock, especially cattle. (Climate Change and Oceans.)
Â Â Â
The way global warming is taking place will vary from area to area. Global Warming is real and is happening all around us right now. Global warming is showing negative consequences which are being played out all around the world. The causes are as talked about before: Carbon Dioxide Emissions, emissions, greenhouse effect. These are all key causes and there are many effects these causes can have on our earth. Emission is caused by us driving cars and burning coal in a power plant the more noticeable effect from Climate change is the temperature increase over the years. People all over complain yet we sit and do nothing to fix it. Glaciers in Alaska where the beautiful Polar bears live...