HOW GOAL SETTING MOTIVATES AN EMPLOYEE.
1. There is a clear and understandable job description reassures employees to put in the substantial effort since every employee knows what is expected of him or her.
2. Goals activate cognitive knowledge and strategies such as the technical aspect of every operation that help employees cope with a variety situations.
3. When employees participate in the goal setting process, they often do not need to be reminded about what is expected of them. Firefighters do not need to be reminded of their purpose to save lives and property.
4. Management should be a role model to all employees as this will set the foundation for ...view middle of the document...
4) Research indicate that precise but challenging goals led to greater output than simple and less intriguing goals. The sole responsibility of a fire fighter is to save property and lives of individuals.
5) Feedback and performance are indispensable tools for the accomplishment of objectives and task performance enhancement. For effective working relation fire fighters must ensure proper communication channels from the top management to subordinates.
METHODS USED BY ORGANIZATIONS TO EMBED THEIR CULTURE.
1. Organizational leaders should communicate their culture to their employee, by providing clear and concise fire fire prevention mechanism that addresses and ensures community safety educating the community on the response to emergencies.
2. Organizational leaders should demonstrate their culture in every possible way making sure that the staff have acquired adequate training to handle a number of critical issues and emergencies which might occur at any time in a professional manner.
3. The interviewers should be able to hire and screen employees who can fit into the organizational culture. This will focus on the physical presence of an individual and their ability to respond to crisis.
4. Hold employees accountable for the culture and coach them on the ways to communicate that culture. In the fire department, every officer is responsible for his or her actions
5. The fire department should reward employees who demonstrate good organizational culture by recognizing them by putting up their pictures on walls and rewarding them as firefighter through certificates ,medals, monetary basis and promotions .
MANAGEMENT OF LEADERSHIP WITHIN DIVERSE CULTURE
1) Acknowledgment of people's differences and recognizing them to be valuable to enhance sound management practices and prevention of discrimination and promotion of inclusiveness.
2) Specify the need for skills to work within a diverse environment in the job.
3) Ensure that maximum effort is enhanced recruiting a diverse pool of applicants.
4) Focus on the job requirements in the interview and assess experience as well as...