CA – Group Essay Titles (Groups of 5 students)
There are three pages to this document, please read them all very carefully
50% of Course
DUE: 5PM Friday 8/11/2013 at the latest
Students should form Groups of 5 for this project.
Each Group must write one essay based on one of the below titles:
• The Senate is a Waste of Money?
• Corporate Citizenship cuts into the Business Bottom Line, Discuss?
• Examine the Concept of Ireland as a Postcolonial Society.
• Discuss the Proposition that Business Needs Politics as much as Politics Needs Business.
• Corporate Social Responsibility is more of an Aspiration than Reality, Discuss?
• Examine the Idea: Ethical ...view middle of the document...
Referencing is by way of the Harvard method, so reference sections are a requirement. Essays without a reference section will be returned to the group for resubmission. If resubmission results in the essay being overdue, then lateness penalties will be applied to that essay.
You can get a handout from the DIT Library which will tell you about the Harvard referencing system.
You are free to submit the essay early.
What you are Being Asked to do:
You are being asked to write an essay in English. It should be written out in full sentences, and not bullet points. Essays that are unclear will be marked down. Essays must be properly referenced. It is vital that students familiarise themselves with the institute’s policy on plagiarism. Academic dishonesty will be treated very seriously, and could lead to a student’s expulsion.
On the cover of each essay you must include:
• Your names,
• Your class,
• ID numbers,
• The title of the essay,
• A declaration stating that material you are submitting is your own work.
• This declaration must then be signed by each member of the group
Inside the Essay
• All essays must be typed and double spaced, and in font size 12
• All pages must be numbered.
• Harvard Referencing Style
• A Reference Section
• The pages of the essays must be stapled together.
• Do not use paperclips!
• Only hard copies; no electronic submissions. E-mail submissions will not be accepted
DIT School of Marketing
|Grade |Mark Range|Some General Descriptors |Definition |
| | |Exceptionally good use of literature, beyond the module reading list | |
| | |Written with appropriate structural integrity – clear narrative development and clarity of Expression | |
| | |An outstanding piece of work, showing total mastery of the subject-matter, with a very highly developed and | |
| | |mature ability to analyze, synthesize and apply knowledge and concepts |GRADATIONS OF: |
| |85- 100 |All objectives of the set work are covered, and work is free of errors with a very high level of technical |Cannot Be bettered |
| | |competence. |Exceptional |
| | |Clear evidence of critical refection; and the work demonstrates originality of thought and the ability to |Flawless & Original |
| | |tackle questions and issues not previously encountered. ...