Assignment - 1
Respondent: Siddhant Gupta
Interviewer: Harsimran Ahuja
* If your life were perfect and your dreams come true, what would your life and work be in like 10-15 years?
* I think for a perfect life I’ll choose a position where I have an administrative position at hand. Being at an administrative post in government through civil services is where I can make the most in my life. And if not that than may be through a big multination firm that puts me in a commanding situation. Also I’d like to express myself through music. The day I am able to do both simultaneously I’d be happy in my life.
* From where do you get the inspiration for joining the civil services?
...view middle of the document...
* Can you describe the life you’ll be leading when you are at that position?
* I’d like to work for the backward areas of M.P. I still feel that there is a lot of potential in the villages which can be exploited for the benefit of the people of the country. I’ll like to get in a department where I could differently interact with the people of the villages.
* Would you be happy doing this job?
* I think I’ll be happy. A position where I can change the fate of people and make them happy will give me immense pleasure.
* Bringing upon a change will have to go through some resistance; do you think it would be easy for you to face the challenges?
* It requires mental courage to do that. Its about the mental stability and the metal power that you need to have for these kind of changes to bring upon. If I want to bring a change it should be within me. With the judiciary improving in the country we are moving in the right direction. There will be challenges and criticism that I’ll have to face, but as Gandhi says that if you help the poorest of the poor person its good otherwise its not. If a civil servant believes that whatever he is doing is for the greater good of the people he should try to overcome the resistance.
* Do you have a role model?
* I think my father is my role model because whatever attribute you try to find in a person I can see it in him. He chose to work in a village 10 to 15 years when he had the liberty to work in Bhopal. He has never defaulted and for that he is respected in the society. It shows that being a doctor he has done something for the people. I’d like to be like him so that people would respect me when I have the power. I’ll be happy if I am able to leave a good name behind me.
* You have been an achiever throughout your life… does it make you happy?
* I think whatever I do if that s to the best of my ability that makes me happy. Its not about winning or losing or about what other think of you. I thing whatever you do you should give it your best shot otherwise don’t do it at all. Loosing does’t upset me but not giving my 100% does.
* What is the driving force that makes you achieve so much?
* I don’t feel that I am an achiever. Its just that at the end of the day if I am having a peaceful sleep that is the biggest achievement. I’ve seen the disappointment when do not give my 100% and I saw thing moving away from me. That happened when I could not get through IIT. Till date I feel that had I given my 100% things could have been different. That motivated me… the fear of not giving your 100% and the fear of not able to achieve what you aim for.
* What qualities do you look in a person whom you consider a good friend?
* A fried should be loyal to you, true to you, a person who gives you the true advice. He should make you aware of the fact that you are doing wrong when you are doing wrong.
* Tell me about a good friend of yours, how did he make you...