HRM 531 Final Exam
1._____ proceeds from an oral warning to a written warning to a suspension to dismissal.
• Positive discipline
• Progressive discipline
• Procedural justice
• Due process
2. Which question should not be important in evaluating the value of training?
• Was the cost of training within the budget?
• Did change occur?
• Is the change due to training?
• Is the change positive related to organizational goals?
Find the final exam answers here HRM 531 Final Exam
3.________________ include everything in a work environment that enhances a worker’s sense of self-respect and esteem by others.
• Social responsibilities ...view middle of the document...
Title VII of the _____________ states that top executives in companies receiving government support can retract bonuses, retention awards, or incentives paid to the top five senior executive officers or the next 20 most highly compensated employees based on corporate information that is later found to be inaccurate.
• American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (2009)
• Sarbanes–Oxley Act (2002)
• Pay for Performance Act (2009)
• Equal Pay Act (1963)
10. Which is not a quality of Generation Y?
• Short attention spans
• The constant need for stimulation/entertainment
• A blurring of the lines between work and leisure time while on the job
• Inability to handle numerous projects
11. When conducting a performance feedback discussion, active listening requires
• Interruptions to get your point across.
• Verbal communications only.
• Summarizing your key points.
• Summarizing what was said and what was agreed to.
Complete paper here HRM 531 Week 1 Complete
12. Training that results in ______ is costly because of the cost of training (which proved to be useless) and the cost of hampered performance.
• simulation of training
• applicability of training
• reinforcement of training
• negative transfer of training
13. Employee demotions usually involve
• A reduction in pay but no loss of opportunity, status, or privilege.
• A decrease in status and privilege but no loss of opportunity or pay.
• An increase in pay and more responsibility.
• A cut in pay, status, privilege, or opportunity.
14. What is our country’s income maintenance program?
• PPA (2006), 401(k)
• ERISA (1974)
• COBRA (1985)
• Social Security
Want more details? Download now HRM 531 Week 2 Quiz (Latest)
15. For organizations, _________ is an indirect cost associated with downsizing.
• an increase in the unemployment tax rate
• administrative processing
• severance pay
16. ____________ is the biggest hurdle to overcome in a pay-for-performance plan.
• Merit-pay increases
• Salary cap performance level
• Compensation equation
Find the quiz answers here HRM 531 Week 3 Quiz (Latest)
17. To avoid legal difficulties related to performance appraisals and enhance credibility in court, employers should
• Present only the employee’s perspective.
• Have friends testify.
• Present only the manager’s perspective.
• Document appraisal ratings and reason for termination.
18.___________ is the process where managers provide feedback to the employees regarding their past and present job performance proficiency, as well as a basis for improving performance in the future.
• Performance management
Download for answers HRM 531 Week 3...