Faculty of Business Environment and Society
Module No: M11 HRM Module Title: Human Resource Management
Coursework number or Title: Individual assignment February - May 2012
(3000 words excluding References, tables and bibliography.)
Theme: the Line Manager’s role in Human Resource Management
Please read the following information carefully.
For the purposes of this assignment please consider that you have been employed as an Operational Manager within a Medium sized Manufacturing Company (Gross Turn over £5 million, 300 Employees, 5 Director’s and 25 Managers of which you are 1.)
The company uses outsourced support for its ...view middle of the document...
• What kind of policies, procedures and practices will you be looking to your HR Specialists to develop for the company and why? Explain your thinking and identify the links with other academic thinking.
• As the Operational Manager in this company what do you think might be key considerations for you (and the other senior staff) in terms of your engagement, commitment and learning needs? Support your views by critically evaluating your recommendations.
• Compare your views and ideas against previously researched findings.
The paper should be around 3,000 words (+/- 10%) in length plus references, bibliography, tables and any appendices.
This assignment must be submitted, with a BES coursework cover sheet attached, to William Morris by 16.00 on or before the above deadline.
1. All work submitted after the submission deadline without an approved valid reason (see below) will be given a mark of zero. (This is not the same as a non-submission, as a late submission counts as an attempt and a mark of zero may allow you to resit the coursework.).
2. Short deferrals (extensions) of up to three calendar weeks can only be given for genuine "force majeure" and medical reasons, not for bad planning of your time. Please note that theft, loss, or failure to keep a back-up file, are not valid reasons. The short deferral must be applied for on or before the submission date. You can apply for a short deferral by submitting an Examination/ Coursework Deferral Application Form. Application Forms along with the supporting evidence should go to the relevant Student Support Office (WM404 or GE103) or Postgraduate Reception (WMG29). For a longer delay in submission a student may apply for a (long) deferral.
Students MUST keep copies (electronic or photocopies) of their assignment.
Please also submit an electronic copy of your assignment via Turnitin on the module web. NB. The copy that you submit to Turnitin will be the copy which will be marked. You may not submit a draft for this module.
The electronic version of your assignment may be used to enable checks to be made...