1) I definitely agree with the American survey from 2007. The only thing which we could think about is the old fashioned way and that is the advertisement in the newspaper. Many people are still looking the newspapers and especially the older generation. Even though, companies are not caring that much anymore for the older people, because companies want to have young and well educated people, we should not forget how important people with much experience can be for the company. Especially because of this fact and the fact that many of them are still not using the internet and rather the newspaper, we should not forget the advertisement in the newspapers.
2) I agree with the survey from 2007 because the internet gets more and more popular and is more popular than ever before. For companies it is an easy and cheap way to advertise their offered jobs and due to new computer programs, companies do not even have to read the first letter ...view middle of the document...
Otherwise a German company would not see any point in strengthen a competitor.
3) The most effective recruiting source is probably the internet job boards. Our new generation is using the internet non-stop and they are too lazy to read newspapers if they can do it already online. Nowadays, it is so easy with the internet and even in Facebook companies are advertising their job possibilities. The other recruiting source would be in my opinion the employee referral program because the family value in Germany is quite high.
The last and maybe really interesting recruiting source is job fairs. Many universities in Germany have every year a job fair and companies are paying for that to come there. During the fair, students can have directly interviews and perhaps getting a job as well. They know beforehand which companies are coming and they can apply for certain positions. This recruiting source saves time for both sides and even though companies have to pay for that, it is in my opinion still worth it and probably not that expensive.
4) If the professional trade is as I explained it earlier than I think that this might be one of the least effective ones in Germany. In addition to that, even though I would still recommend the newspaper advertisement, it might be one of the least effective ones as well. The bigger companies are not using it anymore, so there is no need for many people to even check the newspaper. Another advertising source which is barely used and is definitely one of the weakest ones is the radio advertising for job offers.
5) In my opinion, newspaper advertisements are still commonly used because they are cheap. Many small and medium sized companies are still using this way of advertising. Companies are always using that kind of advertisement, which probably reaches their target group of applicants in the best way. If companies are advertising something in the newspaper they probably will not expect that a 16 year old person will apply for the job.
As said, the newspaper advertising is a cheap and easy way to reach the target group companies want. It is an old fashioned way and still highly appreciated by certain consumers.