II. M.S. (Research) Programmes
The Institute runs M.S. (Research) programmes offered by the following Departments
Amar Nath and Shashi Khosla School of Information Technology
Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management
Computer Science & Engg.
The minimum duration of M.S. (Research) Programme is 4 semesters (24 months) for full-time studens and 6 semesters (36 months) for part-time students. The minimum Credits requirement for the M.S. (Research) degree is 60 credits including thesis.
Part-Time programmes: IIT Delhi also offers its MS(R) programmes in the ...view middle of the document...
• Candidates in the final year of their programmes and who expect to complete all their qualifying degree requirements before third week of December 2009 are eligible to apply for admission. For short-listing purposes, their performance till the preceding semester (preceding year if their programmes are year based) would be considered but their admission would be subject to their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria after their final qualifying examination results are announced.
MS(R) (Direct without test/interview)
B.E./B.Tech/ M.Sc or equivalent with 75% marks or 8.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale GATE score >= 300 or qualifying score whichever is higher
MS(R) (Admission with test/interview)
B.E./B.Tech/ M.Sc or equivalent with 60% marks or 6.75 CGPA on a 10-point scale GATE score >= 300 or qualifying score whichever is higher
Minimum Qualifications for admission to Part-time and Sponsored (full-time) MS(R) Programmes:
The following additional eligibility conditions and relaxations apply for the Part-time and sponsored full-time programmes.
1. Only employees of Public Sector Undertakings or Government Departments or Research and Development Organizations or Private Industries (approved by Faculty Boards) are eligible for admission to these programmes.
2. Employees of only those organizations which are located within 50 KMs radius of IIT Delhi are eligible to be considered for admission to part-time MS(R) programmes
3. All candidates should have a minimum experience of one year as on 1st January 2010 for admission in January 2010.
4. Minimum qualification for these candidates is the same as for full-time candidates except that the requirement of qualifying in a national examination (column 4 in Table 2) is waived
5. Sponsored (full-time) candidates seeking admission to MS(R) programme on the basis of
study leave, must submit a "Sponsorship certificate" on a proper letterhead from the
appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following:
- for the period of his/her studies in the programme, the candidate would be treated as on duty with usual...