FOUNDATION STUDIES PROGRAM
1. All examinations will be held on the 6th floor of the Coglin Street Campus in Rooms 4.01 and 4.02. All bags must be stored at the back of the room and all phones must be turned off.
2. On the day of each examination, you are to gather on the appropriate floor. Only bring what is necessary to the exam. Anyone in possession of a mobile phone during the exam will be given a zero for that subject. Phones I your bag must be turned off. If you have a watch alarm, make sure it is turned off. MP3 players, electronic dictionaries and removable calculator covers should be left at home. Use a transparent pencil case or a plastic ...view middle of the document...
You will need to discuss with your teachers the most profitable way to use the 10 minute reading and planning time.
6. Bilingual dictionaries will be permitted in all exams. However, make sure that there is no illegal material in your dictionary or any additional hand written words. The use of a Thesaurus is not permitted. Dictionaries are not to have grammar or pictures.
7. You must clear the memory on all calculators before each exam, with the exception of graphics calculators used in Mathematics. It is your responsibility to check how to do this before the start of the exam period. You are permitted to bring two calculators to approved exams. You will be required to show the â€˜RAM clearedâ€™ screen to a supervisor before entering the exam room. Make sure your calculator(s) has/have new batteries.
Calculators and dictionaries will not be provided by the school.
8. The use of scientific and graphics calculators is only permitted in the following examinations: Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Accounting, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Environmental Studies and Psychology. Removable calculator covers and instruction manuals are not to be taken into the exam.
9. Obtain particular instructions concerning the use of booklets, graph paper etc from your subject teachers.
10. Raise your hand if you have a question or a request during the exam or if you need to go to the toilet.
11. To avoid disrupting other students, do not go to the toilet unless it is absolutely necessary. Please Note that if you leave the room to go to the toilet the examination invigilator will check your pockets to see you have nothing with you.
12. No student is permitted to leave before the end of the examination.
13. If you arrive LESS than 40 minutes after the scheduled starting time before 9.40am for a morning exam or before 2.10pm for an afternoon exam, then report to the exam invigilator until you are given permission to take your seat and no extra time will be...