This project will conduct a thorough analysis of such information services desired by customers to design a Web-based system to provide such services and implement the proposed Customer Relationship Management (CRM) web-based solution.
• Description of the methodology, new processes, and IT tools and how each of them is used to satisfy the business need. Methodology
• Research and identify competitors, management and technology companies that are facing similar problems.
• Gather and evaluate competitive intelligence tools which include competitor Web sites, products and services, and market research reports for PPI’s business solutions.
• Evaluate current trends and proven ...view middle of the document...
The IT tool evaluated and selected to assist in PPI’s business solution regarding Ecommerce, Internet and globalization is Iventa. The IT tool selected to assist in streamlining and aligning their Supply Chain Management (SCM) situation is QAD Supply Chain Software Solutions.
In order to optimize on the proposed solutions for PPI, a vendor company was selected to get the initial software purchased, installed and to provide training the Information Technology department. The company chosen to assist in PPI’s business solution was Iventa. They provide a Dashboard System for a completely integrated software solution that enables the creation, deployment and management of a full featured web site complete with:
• Ecommerce System,
• Membership Software & Subscription Management System,
• Marketing Campaign Management for Branding,
• Web Content Management
• Email Delivery and Tracking,
• Customer Resource Management (CRM) system for automating customer service.
PPI will use the QAD Supply Chain Management Software Solution to increase the return on investment by using the same principles that are used in Lean Manufacturing, the goal is to increase quality, speed production, and reduce costs, all while increasing a quality product. This will allow PPI to collaborate with its’ suppliers in real time, improving the relationships and the overall management of their supply chain management process.
The QAD Supply Chain Software Solutions includes:
• Supplier Performance
• Quality Management
This software will interface very well with the Iventa software systems.
• Implementation strategy that outlines the project timeline and deliverables
A project management plan was created for the Customer Web Portal project. The plan includes Microsoft project scheduling, and assessment of risks which has clearly been identified.
An illustration of the project timeline and deliverables is shown in the appendix section (Figure 1) of this paper. PPI’s Web customer portal project schedule includes a breakdown of four high level areas: Project Management Planning and Systems Analysis (2.5 weeks), Cost Development (1 week), Design –WCMS and Ecommerce (1 week), and Systems Implementation and Operation (3.5 weeks), for an overall calendar schedule of 8 weeks from inception to final deployment. A schedule and detailed Gantt chart for the project is provided for review in Appendix (Figure 1 and 2).
The PPI’s corporate blueprint for the decade indicates that PPI will be a leader in all areas of their business including innovative use of technology. Competitive landscape research shows that their direct competition has provided an on-line customer portal; however, with the advent of Web 2.0 technologies and collaborative community based applications appearing throughout the industry it expected that competition will continue to capitalize on these advances and...