Oman: Omantel and Ooredoo Turn to Converged Offers to Stay Ahead of MVNOs and Each Other
Released On 4th May 2015
SummaryTop of Form
Bottom of Form
Oman: Omantel and Ooredoo Turn to Converged Offers to Stay Ahead of MVNOs and Each Other, a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Omans mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Omani market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and ...view middle of the document...
1bn over the same period, nearly three times the revenue fixed voice will generate. To take full advantage of this growth, Omani operators are developing their converged offers and are competing fiercely on bundling. We expect that customized features of converged offers, and the bundling of traditional voice and data services with new multimedia and IT services, will make them more competitive. Both Omantel and Ooredoo are in a good position to address the increasing demand for convergence, since they are active in all segments of the market.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Oman today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Omans telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Oman compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Oman.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Omans telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Omans telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Researchs Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Omans mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an...