I.BACKGROUND OF THE COMPANY
I. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1. There is an increase in consumer demand for fast food in non-traditional outlets.
2. Intense competition in the fast food sector
3. Increase in demand for a wider variety menu items.
4. Conflict between corporate cultures of PepsiCo. and KFC- creates a morale problem.
5. Customers are increasing health conscious.
6. Arrogance of PepsiCo. Led to loss of employee loyalty and high employee turnover.
IV. MACRO ENVIRONMENT ANALYSIS
V. INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
EXTERNAL ASSESSMENT |
1. THREATS | a. Saturated fast food market in the developed country. b. Trends toward healthy eating. c. ...view middle of the document...
a. Increasing demand for healthier food. While demand for healthier food increases, KFC could introduce more healthy food choices in its menu and reverse its weakness into strength.
b. Home meal delivery. KFC could fully exploit (it test deliver services now) this opportunity and reach more customers.
c. Introducing new products to its only chicken range. KFC could introduce new meals to its menu and offer pork, beef or only vegetarian meals, which would target wider consumer group and would result in more costumers
INTERNAL ASSESMENTS |
1. WEAKNESSES | a. Unhealthy food menu b. Limited menu items c. High employee turnover d. Lack of cleanliness and poor service |
2. STREGTHS | a. Market leader in the world among companies featuring chicken as their primary product offering. b. Wide distribution capacity c. Strong trademark brand |
a. Unhealthy food menu. KFC menu is largely formed of high calorie, salt and fat meals and drinks. Such menu offering prompts protests by organizations that fight obesity and hence, decreases KFC popularity. Consumers also often opt out for healthier choices.
b. Limited menu items