LDR 531 Final Exam
1. Job dissatisfaction and antagonistic relationships with coworkers predict a variety of behaviors organizations find undesirable, including unionization attempts, substance abuse, undue socializing, and tardiness. These behaviors are indicators of a broader syndrome called
• Positivity offset.
• Employee withdrawal.
• Cognitive dissonance.
• Rotten apple syndrome.
2. Organizational momentum ________________.
• is not promoted by stability within the organization
• can benefit or inhibit an organization
• is always an advantage in seeking organizational change
• increases with the implementation of new programs
...view middle of the document...
Mary has a high need for power, and Tim has a high need for affiliation. Sarah scored high on the need for power and low on the need for affiliation.
Which of these four employees is most suitable for handling your responsibilities when you are on vacation?
7. In order to make their firm a learning organization, managers should
• Increase the degree of departmentalization.
• Reinforce interdependence and reduce boundaries.
• Avoid the use of cross-functional teams.
• Penalize mistakes.
8. Which of the following statements is true with regard to the effectiveness of tactics?
• Individuals from collectivist cultures are typically more likely to use soft tactics that reflect personal power.
• The combination of a soft tactic with reasonable persuasion is more effective than a combination of two hard tactics.
• All tactics are equally effective with regard to upward influence. The combination of a soft tactic with reasonable persuasion is more effective than a combination of two hard tactics.
• Soft tactics are less effective than hard tactics when used individually.
Download now LDR 531 Week 1 Complete
9. Central to managing a successful organizational strategy implementation are/is
• Tracking progress.
• Formal models of implementation.
• Coalition management.
• Competitive teams.
10. Which of the following is the first step in the negotiation process?
• Preparation and planning
• Bargaining and problem solving
• Definition of ground rules
• Clarification and justification
11. ________ occurs when people within organizations use whatever influence they can to taint the facts to support their goals and interests.
• Illegitimate political behavior
• Legitimate political behavior
Complete paper here LDR 531 Week 2 Quiz (Latest)
12. The ultimate source of an organization’s culture is
• Its top management.
• Its environment.
• The country in which the organization operates.
• Its founders.
13. Which of the following statements is most likely to be true about differences between men and women in relation to emotional reactions?
• Women express anger more frequently than men.
• Men experience emotions more intensely than women.
• Women tend to hold onto emotions longer than men.
• Men display positive emotions more frequently than women.
14. Which of the following is a desirable strategy for managers aiming to reduce the negative consequences of rumors?
• Refusing to comment on issues that appear to be controversial and unfair
• Encouraging employees to communicate their concerns and suggestions
• Creating a more informal communication environment at the workplace
• Initiating disciplinary action against the employee who started the rumor
15. Adoration of a charismatic leader...