External assessment * External students do not actually make the presentation, but prepare the slides and provide a transcript (word-for-word script) of what would be said in the presentation.
On-campus assessment ** On-campus students will make the presentation in groups in their tutorial class (15 minute presentation in groups of 4/5 over weeks 5 – 12 (worth 10% of marks out 100%). On campus students will peer review two other groups work and submit the reviews (each review is worth 5% of marks out of 100%).
Creative marketing presentation
Your task will be to select a product that you find interesting (physical good only not a service). Examples include: car, motorbike, ...view middle of the document...
* Provide a rationale for why this new target market is appropriate for the product.
4. Consumer behaviour (refer to pages 32–9) (10 marks)
* Discuss the decision making process for the product. What would happen at each stage?
* Identify and discuss the target market’s likely level of involvement with this purchase.
5. Creative innovation** – Marketing mix strategies for the new target market.
* Product Strategy (refer to pages 110–19) (15 marks)
* Describe the product type, explain your reasoning. Discuss the marketing mix implications.
* Draw a perceptual map (with competitors) of the positioning strategy, justify your answer.
* Describe the product according to the three levels of the product. Would you adapt the product for the new target market? Explain why or why not. If adapting, explain how.
* Distribution strategy (refer to pages 144–9) (15 marks)
* Describe the channel structure used to distribute the product to the new target market.
* Discuss the factors that would influence the choice of channel structure.