Table of Contents
Section#188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.48.58.69. | Details Executive Summary AcknowledgementsLiterature ReviewMethodologyIntroductionSignificance of ProjectBackground Of P&GVision Of P&GMission statementP&G in PakistanProducts in PakistanLaunch Of Ariel in Pakistan Laboratory Test Granular Detergents PEST & SWOT Analysis Political FactorsEconomical FactorsSocial FactorsTechnological FactorsStrengthsWeaknessesOpportunitiesThreatsCompetitive AnalysisSizes and PriceBCG MatrixSegmentation & Target MarketMarket ...view middle of the document...
We have developed the BCG matrix with respect to Ariel’s competitors.
In the fourth section we have provided information regarding the segmentation criteria of the company and its target market. Keeping in mind the target market we have evaluated the marketing mix.
Then we have reviewed the Promotional and Advertising objectives & strategies followed by Ariel. We have also given Ariel’s method of Consumer Research .We have also carried out a survey using Questionnaires, the results of which have been shown in the section of graphical analysis. In the end we have stated our recommendations for Ariel.
First of all our thanks to Almighty Allah, whose blessings enabled us to accomplish this task successfully. We are thankful to our teacher Mr. Asim Ali Faiz for giving us the opportunity to work on this project. We gained much knowledge and practical experience from this project. Next we would like to thank Mr.Asad Siddiqui who is Assistant Marketing Manager of Ariel and who helped us in the accomplishment of this task. We would also like to thank our parents, brothers, sisters and friends who helped us in getting the questionnaires filled from their institutes and other places.
Data Collection Method:
The selection of the data collection method is one of the key aspects of the research design. Keeping in view the information required, its value to our research and the characteristics of the respondents we selected the survey research as part of the data collection method. This approach involves systematic collection of the data from the respondents, from the target population, as well as from the company. We decided to carry out the survey using questionnaires in order to analyze the positioning of Ariel in the market.
My literature review reveals an article presented in the May-June 2000 edition, page 9, of the AURORA magazine which states that P&G is an organization, which is sincere and maintains transparency in everything it does. The promotional strategies adopted by the company did not only gain the trust and love of its consumers, nation wide, but it also helped thousands of people in one hundred and five districts of Pakistan.
A study conducted by AC Neilsen-Aftab, (previewed in AURORA magazine in the May-June 2002 edition (page 7) exposes the fact that Ariel has 29.1 % of the total market share for granular detergents yet, on the entire market for laundry care products in Pakistan, only 33% of the population uses granular detergents, the remaining 67% are bar soap users and it is this latter category that holds the greatest promise for Ariel.
Another article published in the Nov-Dec 2003(page 36) edition of AURORA magazine contains the interview of Hans Dewaele, Procter& Gamble’s Managing Director, in which he has talked about P&G’s outlook for Pakistan and the challenges that come with marketing to the...