Study module 15
Discussing the Concepts
1. List the primary types of advertising objectives and discuss the kinds of advertising used to achieve each type.
There are three primary types of advertising objectives.
- Informative advertising. It is used for introducing new product category. Its objectives include: telling the market about new product, explaining the product, communicating customer value, building a image for a brand and a company, describing services and support and etc.
- Persuasive advertising. Here the objective is to build selective demand. Objectives include: changing customers’ perceptions of value, encouraging switching to a brand, ...view middle of the document...
For example, Nestea featured Hugh Jackmann in their advertisement making him sing and dance after taking a sip from Nestea bottle.
4) Scientific evidence – This style uses survey or scientific explanations to ensure that this product is better than others. For example, L’Oreal for their shampoo advertisement presented formula used for making the shampoo, therefore stating that their shampoo was made from only best ingredients to help hair grow healthier.
5) Personality symbol – this style creates a character that represents brand. For example, Duracell Energizer bunny.
3. What are the role and functions of public relations within an organization?
Public relations involve building good relations with the company’s various publics by obtaining favorable publicity, building up a good corporate image, and handling or heading off unfavorable rumors, stories, and events. It is used to promote people, products, services, ideas and etc.
Functions of Public Relations:
✓ Press relations or...