MGT/557 Final Exam
1) To most people the words bargaining and negotiation are
A. mutually exclusive
C. not related
2) Whereas distributive bargaining is often characterized by mistrust and suspicion, integrative negotiation is characterized by which of the following?
A. Obligation and perseverance
B. Avoidance and compromise
C. Influence and persuasiveness
D. Trust and openness
E. Cognition and emotion
3) Distributive bargaining strategies
A. are the most efficient negotiating strategies to use
B. are used in all interdependent relationships
C. are useful in maintaining long-term relationships
D. can cause negotiators to ignore what ...view middle of the document...
The use of inclusive language
B. The conveyance of verbal immediacy
C. The degree of lexical homogeneity
D. The extent of low-power language style
8) Gibbons, Bradac, and Busch suggest that threats can be made more credible and more compelling by using
A. positively polarized descriptions of the other party
B. low immediacy
C. high intensity
D. low verbal diversity
9) The concept of duty ethics states that
A. the rightness of an action is determined by evaluating the pros and cons of its consequences
B. the rightness of an action is determined by existing laws and contemporary social standards that define what is right and wrong and where the line is
C. the rightness of an action is based on the customs and norms of a particular society or community
D. the rightness of an action is based on oneâ€™s conscience and moral standards
10) Ethical criteria for judging appropriate conduct define
A. what is wise based on trying to understand the efficacy of the tactic and the consequences
B. it might have on the relationship with the other
C. what a negotiator can actually make happen in a given situation
D. what is appropriate as determined by some standard of moral conduct
E. what the law defines as acceptable practice
Want to download the Complete Assignments of MGT 557â€¦.?? Click MGT 557 Complete Assignment
11) Audiences hold negotiators accountable in all but one of the following ways:
A. When the negotiatorâ€™s performance is visible
B. When the audience is dependent upon the negotiator for their outcomes
C. When the negotiating agents were members of a group that developed the negotiating position
D. When the audience is able to judge how well a negotiator performs
E. When the audience insists that the negotiator be tough, firm
12) Which of the following would you not likely find the use of an agent in negotiations?
A. When your natural conflict style is to compromise, accommodate, or avoid
B. When the agent has special friends, relationships or connections that he or she can use to contact the right people to get a deal done
C. When the representative has better negotiation skills than you
D. When you need to repair a damaged relationship
E. When you are emotionally involved in an issue or problem
13) Which of the following is a property of a coalition?
A. A coalition is a non-interacting group of individuals.
B. A coalition is dependent on the formal structure of the organization.
C. A coalition consists of mutually perceived membership.
D. A coalition is focused on a goal or goals internal to the coalition.
14) Which of the following lists three of the major types of coalitions?
A. Potential coalitions, operating coalitions, and recurring coalitions
B. External coalitions, operating coalitions, and recurring coalitions
C. Latent coalitions, established coalitions, and potential coalitions
D. Established coalitions, operating coalitions, and temporary coalitions
15) What is the result of procedural...