MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM IN AGRO-INDUSTRY |
COURSE ID: MIS105SECTION: 2 |
PREPARED FOR:ASHIK IMRAN KHAN |
PREPARED BY-NAME: EMRAN SAYEEDID: 1130833030NAME: CHOWDHURY SAIMA TABASSUMID: 1210194020NAME: MONOLOVA SAMARUKHID: 1210368630NAME: SHOAIB AHMEDID: 1210009030NAME: NISHAT TASNEM EASHAID: 1211168020 |
* ABSTRACT- 4
* CONCEPT OF MIS- 4
* FIELD OF MIS DEALS WITH- 4
* AGRICULTURE- 6
* AGRO-SOCIETY AROUD THE GLOBE- 7
* PERSPECTIVE FROM BANGLADESH- 8
* MIS IN AGRICULTURE- 10
* MANAGEMENT IFORMATION ...view middle of the document...
* Management information systems (MIS) deals with behavioral issues as well as technical issues surrounding the development, use, and impact of information systems used by managers and employees in the firm. As such, MIS is defined as the study of information systems focusing on their use in business and management.
* Management information systems (MIS) combine computer science, management science, operations research and practical orientation with behavioral issues.
* Information System (IS) can be define as a set of procedures that collects, retrieves, processes, stores and disseminates information to support organizational decision making and control.
* Information Systems: Information systems are applications having functionalities which can be exploited by business, and information technology provides capabilities which enable these applications.
So we can say that information systems are the ends and information technology is the means.
MIS basically has three primary resources: People, Technology and Information.
Field of Management Information Systems (MIS) Deals With
It is important for individuals who work in the MIS field to have good interpersonal skills and a thorough understanding of business, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Many people think MIS just deals with programming, but that is false, according to Florida State University. Many Management Information Systems professionals are managers who oversee the technical aspects of a business.
The Field of Management Information Systems focuses on making a company or organization more efficient through its technical systems. As technology continues to develop and expand to all areas of business, many companies are looking to hire chief executive officers with a background in MIS, according to the University of Georgia.
According to the University of Illinois at Springfield, individuals who work in the field of MIS can have titles like:
* Information security manager
* Network administrator
* Applications developer
* Project manager
Individuals with a degree in Management Information Systems can work in environments including:
* Business and Banking
* Health sector
* Accounting firms
* Government agencies
* Energy companies
* Non-profit organizations
Agriculture is the cultivation of crops, fruits, flowers, cattle, fishes, fungi and other life forms of food, fiber, bio-fuel and other products used to sustain life. The entire process consists of various activities involving people, nature and technology. With the advancement of science, technology and information systems, the role of ICT and IS in the development of agriculture is as important as those of human beings and nature.
The agro-industry consists of various activities such as the cultivation, supply, storing, marketing and managing the...