1) To make the business to grow at 20% annually by maintaining market share in existing
2) Developing new market opportunities (new marketing areas) via aggressive marketing
of existing products without losing market share in the existing markets.
3) To ensure achieving the business targets by providing proper bonus or incentive
schemes to the employees in order to motivate them to work hard.
4) Recruiting the technical people as sales people, it is difficult to make a technical person
into a salesperson.
5) It was difficult for them to retain the competitive hires because competitive hires stayed
no longer than 18 months (usually stayed from 12 to 18 months).
Analysis ...view middle of the document...
Client is concerned about lack of accountability on Waters side after the buy has
happened. So, Ray has to be technically competent to clear all doubts about the equipment
and make the client confident that buying the Waters product would be beneficial for the
hospital in the long run.
General Hospital, Radiation Biology Laboratory – Here Ray is taking the extra effort to
help his client. Ray brought in his own instrument as a temporary substitute when the new
system faulted. He also helped Bill, the product handler by explaining to Bill’s supervisor
why the delay had occurred. This shows that the sales representative has to maintain the
client relationship, even when the expanded efforts might not mean increased sales output.
From the field visits, it can be seen that a sales representative needs to be –
1. Technically capable and up to date
2. Understanding of client requirements, constraints and expectations
3. Willing to walk the extra mile to acquire new clients and maintain client relations
Suggestions to motivate sales representatives and improve sales
Since sales reps understand customer perception and requirements at the earliest,
they should be given the space to target new clients and tailor product offerings (in
terms of after...