Chapter 6 â€“ Unit 6 Homework
Answer These Questions
Answer These Questions
1. An enterprise campus LAN uses wired UTP Ethernet and wireless 802.11LANs at the edge of the LAN. Looking at a particular floor in a particular building, all the devices connect to either a single Ethernet switch or single wireless access point, both of which sit in a wiring closet in the middle of the space. Which of the following is true about the distance limitations in this LAN?
We already know that UTP Ethernet has a maximum cable length limit of 100 meters. Generally, Wireless Access Points have a transmission distance limitations less than that of UTP Ethernet cabling.
2. IEEE 802.11 ...view middle of the document...
You should know at this time that 10BASE-T, UTP cabling has a maximum transfer rate (bit rate/speed) of 10 Mbps whereas and 802.11n with a doublewide channel has a maximum speed of 150 Mbps
B AND D
5. A network engineer is designing a campus LAN, both wired and wireless. When planning the wireless LAN, the engineer looks at a scale drawing of the space for each floor and draws the coverage area associated with each AP. Which of the following answers describes the most accurate method the engineer can use to determine the coverage area?
6. Many groups have a positive impact on the development of wireless LAN standards. Which of the following plays the biggest role in testing and certifying products to prove that they work with other products that have already been certified?
7. Which of the following answers define a wireless LAN physical layer standard that was originally ratified by the IEEE before the year 2000? (Choose two answers.)
A AND B
8. Which of the following locations is the least likely place to find a wireless LAN?
Think in terms of distance. Farther apart, less likely to use Wireless LAN. Closer, more likely to use Wireless LAN.
9. Which of the following wireless LAN topologies use at least one wireless access point? (Choose two answers.)
A AND B
10. Which of the following is true of an ESS WLAN topology but not a BSS WLAN topology?
11. An IT worker buys an AP at the local office supply store and installs it. He then gets out a tape measure and measures the distance from the AP to the cubicles used by Amy (20 feet), Bob (50 feet), and Chuck (150 feet). Each user uses his or her tablet computer from a cubicle. The WLAN uses the 802.11g standard, with a 54-Mbps maximum speed. Which answer is most likely to be true about how these userâ€™s tablets work?
12. An IT worker installs a wireless AP, but then realizes through testing that the coverage area does not cover the entire floor of the building. The building is in the shape of a long, skinny rectangle. Which of the following could be used to help change the shape of the coverage area so that it reaches all parts of that floor? (Choose two answers.)
A AND C
13. In the IEEE 802.11g standard, how many nonoverlapping frequency channels exist?
14. Which of the following types of energy are not part of the...