NT1230 Monday 6pm
Unit 1 Problem Set 1
Unit 1 Problems
1. The general public in the United States will be able to purchase all of the Windows 7 editions in retail stores except __________, __________, and __________.
Windows 7 Starter – OEM only
Windows 7 Home Basic – Emerging markets only
Windows 7 Enterprise – Volume only
2. The core module that provides all of the Windows 7 capability that isn’t language- or edition-specific is called __________.
3. When you copy a file to a library, Windows Explorer writes the file to the folder designated as the __________.
4. To use federated search, you must download or create XML files for specific sites called
5. The only operating system edition that you can upgrade in-place ...view middle of the document...
9. The Windows 7 __________ edition is only available in a 32-bit version.
Windows 7 Starter
10. The maximum amount of system memory supported by Windows 7 Enterprise is __________.
Maximum RAM (32-bit) – 4 GB
Maximum RAM (64-bit) – 192GB
1. Windows Easy Transfer supports two types of migrations, called __________ and
Side by Side
Wipe and Load
2. When a serious problem occurs with Windows 7, you might be able to repair it by starting the Windows PE operating system and running diagnostic tools. In this scenario, Windows PE is called by another name, which is __________.
Windows RE (Windows Recovery Environment) - name given to a Windows PE on a computer with Windows 7 already installed.
3. To migrate user profile information from one computer to another, you can use either
__________ or __________.
Windows Easy Transfer – GUI
User State Migration Tool (USMT) – Command Line Interface
4. A computer running Windows PE will automatically reboot after __________.
5. Windows Easy Transfer supports migration using any removable storage medium common to the two computers except __________.
Floppy Disks – They have insufficient capacity.
6. The Windows 7 component that enables the computer to support more than one language is called the __________.
MUI (Multi-Language User Interface)
7. The reason it is possible to remove the Windows 7 installation disk to supply the Setup program with drivers is that Windows PE runs on a __________.
8. To upgrade Windows XP to Windows 7, you must perform a __________.
9. The files and settings that Windows Easy Transfer can migrate to a Windows 7 computer are primarily stored in __________.
User Profile Folder
10. As a pre-installation environment, Windows PE is a vast improvement over MS-DOS because it includes internal support for __________ and __________.