This is intended as a guide and not all inclusive. The material for OB Exam 1 will be over Chapters 9,10, 11, 12, 19, 20 in your textbook.
1. Intimate Partner Violence- the actual or threatened physical or sexual violence or psychological/emotional abuse. It includes threats of physical or sexual violence when the threat is used to CONTROL a person’s actions
a. Incidence pg. 215
c. Characteristics pg. 216
d. Types of Abuse/Violence pg. 217- emotional, physical, financial and sexual
e. The Cycle of Violence- box 9.1 pg. 217; pg. 216-217 paragraph
i. Phase 1- Tension building
ii. Phase 2- Acute battering
...view middle of the document...
Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy
y. Timeline of signs and symptoms
5. Physiological Changes of Pregnancy
. Endocrine including pancreatic, thyroid, and adrenal gland
6. Psychosocial Changes in Pregnancy
7. Preconceptual Care and Health Assessment
8. Initial Prenatal Care
. Reproductive History
. Physical Examination
. Laboratory Testing
. Follow-up Visit Planning
9. Assessment of Fetal Wellbeing
. Fundal Height
. Fetal Movement
. Fetal Heart Rate
. Alpha-Fetoprotein Analysis
. Chorionic Villus Sampling
. Nonstress Test
. Contraction Stress Test
. Biophysical Profile
10. Nursing Care, Teaching, and Management during any of the above testing or assessments.
11. Teaching Guidelines for promotion of self-care during Pregnancy.
12. Nursing Care and Teaching regarding common discomforts of pregnancy.
13. Nursing Care and Teaching in meeting the nutritional needs of a pregnant woman.
14. Reasons for Perinatal Education
15. Danger Signs that require prompt evaluation and care.
Chapter 19 and 20
1. High-risk Pregnancy
2. Bleeding During Pregnancy
a. Spontaneous Abortion...