OPS 571 Final Exam (Newest) – Assignment
1. A major competitive dimension that forms a company's strategic operational competitive position in their strategic planning is which of the following?
• Cost or price
2. In setting up a kanban control system you need to determine the number of kanban card sets needed. If the expected demand during lead time is 25 per hour, the safety stock is 20 percent of the demand during lead time, the container size is 5, and the lead time to replenish an order is 5 hours, what the number of kanban card sets is needed?
3. Which of the following is a multifactor measure of productivity?
• ...view middle of the document...
Which project management structure is being used?
• Matrix project
• Pure project
• Functional project
• Task force
8. Which of the following is a reason that firms must develop more new products than ever?
• Commitments to joint venture partners
• Product life cycles are shorter
• They are replacing old customers with new ones
• To amortize heavy investments in development labs
9. We would expect to see which of the following in an MRP system's inventory status file?
• End items produced
• Late/early delivery records
• Labor efficiency
• Scrap parts
10. The centroid method for plant location uses which of the following data?
• Inbound transportation costs
• Volume of goods to be shipped between existing points
• Transport times between facilities
• Correlation matrix of existing facilities
Click here to download Final Exam Answers of OPS 571 Final Exam
11. The Pareto principle is best applied to which of the following inventory systems?
• Fixed-order quantity
• ABC classification
12. A company can produce a small lot of products the first time at a cost of $2,000. If their 85 percent learning curve allows them to reduce their costs on each lot, what is the total cost of producing 5 lots?
13. You are a consultant called in to estimate the costs after the employees learn how to do a job more efficiently by repetition of new product. You find a company can produce a product the first time at a cost of $5,000. If their 90 percent learning curve allows them to reduce their costs on each unit, what is the total cost of producing 100 units of the new product?
14. A material requirements planning system is an example of which of the following scheduling systems?
• Infinite loading, backward scheduling
• Finite loading, backward scheduling
• Infinite loading, forward scheduling
• Finite loading, forward scheduling
15. Capacity planning that involves hiring, layoffs, some new tooling, minor equipment purchases, and subcontracting is considered as which one of the following planning horizons?
• Long range
• Short range
• Intermediate range
Click here to download the complete course of OPS 571
16. You want to determine the upper control line for a p-chart for quality control purposes. You take several samples of a size of 100 items in your production process. From the samples, you determine the fraction defective is 0.05 and the standard deviation is 0.01. If the desired confidence level is 99.7 percent, which of the following is the resulting UCL value for the line?
17. The objectives of work center scheduling include which of the following?
• Providing variety to workforce
• Following all the priority rules
• Minimizing setup costs
• Avoiding tradeoffs
18. For which of the following should we use an R-chart to monitor...