PM/586 Final Exam
1. In a strong matrix structure, employees take daily direction from:
â€¢ Project manager only
â€¢ Both, but the project manager has greater influence
â€¢ Both, but the functional manager has greater influence
â€¢ Functional manager only
2. If the schedule variance is positive and the cost variance is negative, the projectâ€™s status is:
â€¢ Over budget and behind schedule
â€¢ Under budget and ahead of schedule
â€¢ Over budget and ahead of schedule
â€¢ Under budget and behind schedule
3. Which category of projects would involve a large number of functional units where the workers may be assigned either part-time or full-time?
...view middle of the document...
?? Click PM 586 Complete Assignment
11. Which of the following people has the greatest influence on how much authority a project manager will possess on a given project?
â€¢ The project sponsor
â€¢ The customer
â€¢ The project managerâ€™s line manager
â€¢ The project manager himself / herself
12. A project manager desires a work breakdown structure that goes through 6 levels of detail. Level 3 through level 6 would most likely be prepared by:
â€¢ Subject matter experts
â€¢ Project manager
â€¢ Project sponsor
13. In which project life cycle phase does quality begin?
â€¢ Initiation / planning
â€¢ Monitoring & control
14. Project management restructuring allowed companies to manage projects that _____.
â€¢ Had undefined objectives
â€¢ Could not be handled by the traditional organization
â€¢ Did not require effective cost control
â€¢ Require little functional integration
15. Risk constitutes a lack of knowledge _____.
â€¢ Of future events
â€¢ About the estimates
â€¢ About the customerâ€™s requirements
â€¢ About the environment
Want to see the answers of PM 586 Final Examination clickâ€¦..?? PM 586 Final Examination
16. The two primary components of a risk are:
â€¢ The probability and the impact
â€¢ The impact and the event
â€¢ The impact and the amount at stake
â€¢ The event and the probability
17. Which of the following standard project estimating techniques is usually accomplished in weeks?
18. The hardest part in creating a best practices library is:
â€¢ Knowledge transfer
19. A typical project office (not to be confused with a project management office) responsible for the management of a large project includes the project manager and the:
â€¢ Project sponsor and assistant project managers
â€¢ Assistant project managers
â€¢ Assistant project managers and functional managers
â€¢ Project sponsor
20. Industries that have _____ tasks and operate in a _____ environment demonstrated the greatest need for project management.
â€¢ Complex; Dynamic
â€¢ Simple; Static
â€¢ Complex; Static
â€¢ Simple; Dynamic
Click here to download the complete class of PM 586
21. Pricing out the construction cost of a home by a cost per square foot would be representative of a(n) _____ estimate.