MANILA, Philippines - President Benigno Aquino III delivered on Monday afternoon his sixth and last State of the Nation Address.
Here are 46 things he talked about in his last speech before Congress:
1. Stopped the culture of "wangwang" since he assumed his post as president
2. Inauguration of the Cavite-Muntinlupa Expressway; private sector's willingness working with the government in public-private partnerships
3. Previous administration's 'false achievements' and anomalies
4. Decision to run as president after the death of his mother, former President Corazon Aquino
5. Resignation of Ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez, impeachment of Chief Justice Renato Corona
6. Appointment of ...view middle of the document...
89.4 million Filipinos are now covered by PhilHealth
18. 78 percent of target achieved by the Sitio Electrification Program
19. Lifting of aviation limits die to improved aviation safety; more long-haul flights to and from the Philippines
20. Meeting certification standards for seamen
21. MRT woes brought about by private contractor; additional trains and rehabilitation program for escalators underway
22. Modernization program for the Armed Forces of the Philippines - five C-130s, three C-295 medium lift transports, two C-212 light lift transports; landing crafts for rescue and clearing operations; various aircraft, seacraft, arms and equipment to defend the country's territorial integrity
23. 1:1 police-to-pistol ratio for the Philippine National Police, along with 2,523 procured patrol jeeps; 577 utility vehicles; 12,399 handheld radios; 30,136 long firearms, among others
24. Praise for Oplan Lambat Sibat, an anti-criminality drive led by Interior Secretary Mar Roxas. 163,000 suspects caught; 1,000 gangs neutralized; crime rate falling down in Metro Manila; neutralization of high-profile targets
25. Raising combat pay and subsistence allowance for police personnel
26. Infrastructure projects completed in different areas of the country, including new bridges, roads, flood control projects even in areas led by non-allies of the administration
27. Need to retrofit Guadalupe bridge
28. 10 awarded, 13 ongoing and 27 public-private partnerships in the pipeline...