Prepare your Gmail or Google Apps account for connecting to Outlook and Office 365
Before you connect to your Gmail account from Outlook on the web, or add a Gmail account to Outlook, you need to prepare your Gmail account. You need to turn on 2-step verification for Gmail and then create an app password that Office 365 will use with your Gmail address to make the connection.
Enable your Gmail to be connected by Office 365
To use an app password with Gmail, you have to first turn on 2-step verification, and then obtain the app password. Once you have an app password you can use that in combination with your username to connect to Gmail.
To turn on 2-step verification
1. Sign in to you ...view middle of the document...
This combination grants complete access to your Gmail account by the app that is using it.
After you have entered the app password, you do not have to remember it.
Important: The 16-character app password is displayed with spaces so it is easier to read. When you enter it to the app you want to connect, ignore the spaces and enter it as an unbroken string of 16 characters.
To revoke the app password code
1. Sign in to you Gmail account
2. Select Google apps > My Account.
3. On the My Account page choose Sign-in & security.
4. Under the Password & sign-in method, choose the arrow next to the App passwords, and provide your password if asked.
5. On the App passwords page, select REVOKE next to the app password you want to revoke.
Connecting Gmail account to Outlook 365
1. Sign in to Office 365, choose the app launcher in the upper left corner, and then choose Mail.
2. On the Outlook navigation bar, select Settings > Options.
3. In the left pane, choose Mail, and under...